1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice on Selling '09/ 200k miles/ bad instrument cluster

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by s_habez90, Feb 12, 2021.

1. s_habez90

s_habez90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Y'all,
    I am sad to say goodbye to my '09 Prius after 6 years but it is time to make way for a 'new to me' 2012 Prius V! I am having some trouble finding a fair price to list my '09 at 200k miles on it...

It's running well, but has a few things that it needs. A new instrument cluster is the big thing that needs replaced, rear brakes need to get done, and the right mirror is duct taped (casing cracked). Just checked the battery life which is still amazing, runs smooth, currently have snow tires on the car which I would sell with it... I am seeing such a wide range of prices, I just want to be in the right area.

Carfax report is very clean, no accidents and two owners.

I am thinking of listing it for $3,500. Is that high or low! Advice please and thank you!!!!

2. ToyotaGal

ToyotaGal Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you live in Western Mass? I would go to the junk yard and get a good mirror. Price might be a little high because it needs some repairs.

3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Whats wrong with instrument cluster? Get a mirror assembly from Rockauto or your online marketplace Ama........n for $40 Get the TYC NSF or CAPA certified for better fit. Or try the auto salvage for the right color.

Mirror heated or not, color? Try car-part.com for salvage yard mirror colorwise.

heated.JPG not.heated.JPG

2008 TOYOTA PRIUS 1.5L L4 ELECTRIC/GAS Outside Mirror & Glass Assembly | RockAuto

Fix the instrument cluster or get it replaced. Buyer turnoff because of the mirror and cluster.

combination meter repair - DIY | PriusChat

Or list it for $3500, if you get $3K as is bonus.

#3 alftoy, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    s_habez90 likes this.
  4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Kbb.com can give you some idea of what your car is worth.
    There is a sub-forum here for selling cars.
    I would include photos and details, and whether or not you (or the car) smoke.
    Some people will bite on a car with a particularly clean interior, for example.

$3000 is pretty close to “project car” or “college kid car” in MASS....so I would not get wrapped around the axle about the cluster or mirror.
    Anyone who cannot replace those items has no business getting a 12 year old car with near-lunar mileage.

Good Luck!

s_habez90 likes this.