1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

advice please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by freeflymicron, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(freeflymicron @ Nov 8 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]345762[/snapback]</div>
    836lbs or something like that.

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrome @ Nov 8 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]345841[/snapback]</div>
    You're worried about the MFD on a Toyota, but you'll go for a first year offering from Saturn? Good luck with that, let us know how it turns out.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrome @ Nov 8 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]345841[/snapback]</div>
    There is very little fuel saving from shutting off at lights because the engine does not consume all that much gas at idle. The Prius saves fuel because the entire integrated system is more efficient. Shutting off at lights merely imparts a sense of calm.

Have you ever driven a Prius on the freeway? I find that it has a lot of passing power. No, it's not a muscle car, but it has respectable acceleration due to the high torque of the electric motor.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 9 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]346317[/snapback]</div>
    I think it's the fact that we can travel in EV mode during rush hour that's the main feature of the engine shut-off plus full hybrid technology.

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    My advice would be to purchase the highest option package you can (i) afford, and (ii) that you actually need. Actually I consider the air bags all around not an option, but a necessity for occupant protection. Other than that, if you want to mod your car, i suggest initially purchasing mods that will protect the newness of the vehicle, i.e. mud flaps, floor mats, bumper protector, etc.

Read these forums, and ENJOY!! Prius ownership is awsome!!