1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advise before I buy please!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PRIUS22, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The table at Toyota Vehicles : Toyota Announces Prices for 2010 Prius / Toyota might help the OP but the prices are old and Toyota has changed to spelling out the models instead of the Roman numerals.

Do keep in mind the price premium for nav vs. buying a PND (portable navigation device). Also, updates for factory nav systems generally aren't cheap. My dealer wants $200 for an update DVD for my 06... So, I still haven't updated.

On the other hand, there is the convenience factor of always have the nav system there and not having to worry about putting PNDs away along w/cabling, mounts, etc.

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    +1 Spot on with that assesment. Waiting will not make the car any cheaper than buying today. Once you decide equipment contenting, start shopping. Welcome to Priuschat. Hope to see you soon in your new Prius.

3. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Buy now while they're still available (supply of all Japan-made cars is going to dry up). Get the IV with Nav, preferably Barcelona Red. Be prepared to pay sticker or be willing to wait a long time.

4. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    my salesman called me yesterday trying to drum up business.

their next allotmant of all toyotas for april has been cut from 150 to 57

5. marzprius

marzprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yesterday was the day to get one. Today the $500 rebate is no longer & along with the almost $500 price increase on any inbound cars, yesterdays in stock price would've been at least $1000 less than anything we'll see for at least the next 6 mo.

6. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't listen to the Silver Squadron! Join the Blizzard Brigade!!!

7. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    Not to mention the 2.9% financing for up to 60 months (who would ever choose to finance shorter with that rate?) also expired.

8. amorris

amorris Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The wife and I are not crazy about leather seats. We just think fabric is more comfortable -- it doesn't burn your butt in the summer of freeze it in the winter. So, we were happy to go with a III. Better Half had to have the moonroof, so we got the solar roof option. Also, factory nav is a requirement. We were fortunate the dealer had one on the lot with all this, plus the homelink mirror, another requirement of Better Half. The car was also Barcelona Red, which was Better Half's final requirement. We are super pleased with the car. I admit I thought the solar roof was a gimmick, but it really works -- very glad we got it.

9. Bootjacker

Bootjacker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A good place to do research is www.edmunds.com You can get dealer price, your price, and by filling out all the information and clicking on "inventory" you can see what kind of prices dealers are offering on what you want in a widening circle from city.