1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advise on buying a second hand Prius C ( Aqua )

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Dandannie, May 20, 2018.

1. Dandannie

Dandannie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All, I live in New Zealand and I am considering purchasing a second hand 2013 Prius C ( Aqua ) The majority of our cars are imported from Japan and they have high kilometres over 100,000ks which is slightly above the national average. The imports I am looking at only seem to have two spec options the L ( base model ) and the S. The base model only includes two front airbags and no electric windows in the back. The S model still only has two airbags but it does have electric back windows. I am really disappointment that we have such a basic models here.

1. Can anyone tell me if they know what the other differences might be between the specs?
    2. Is there anything I should be looking out for when buying a higher kilometres Japanese import?

bisco likes this.
  2. hassan310

hassan310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well the very first thing you need is the auction sheet. These Japanese cars are auctioned in Japan. And the auction sheet is very reliable. But the game doesn't end here. You need to convert them in English and they are in Japanese.

My advise for you is to go for at least 4.5 or higher grade car. But if you have financial constraint then you may opt 4 grade.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    any high km car needs a thorough inspection, and consideration for potential new battery cost in the near future.

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My impression is that the Aqua (USA Prius C) handles usage (high kms) more gracefully than age on the calendar.

I suggest buying the youngest one you can afford, and don't pay too much attention to the odometer reading unless it's bonkers excessive.

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So no 2018 models with 300k miles? :D

6. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    but 299 is good and fine!

ztanos likes this.
  7. joelg1988

joelg1988 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Paid $19,500 USD for a brand new 2018 Prius C Two a couple of weeks ago. The mpg are "meh" but the car drives pretty good, maybe a little underpowered. I've seen 2012's as low as $8000 USD with 130k miles...