1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

adyieldmanager.com is slooooooow

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by qbee42, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The few times it loaded (but not the rest of the page of course...grrrr) the Sharp ad would load multiple times, overlaying itself. It also seemed to serve as a redirect on one occasion.

2. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Danny: You seem to be in the right area. The timing is about right and it looked like it was waiting for the ads to load. Perhaps there's some code ahead of that making the rest of the page loading wait for the ads. A catch 22 or the old program loop trick. I'll mention again that when it froze, if I did a refresh, it would replace the entire PC screen with an ad. Each time I did a refresh it would replace the entire screen under the browser with a new ad, no PC screen ever showed after the first ad, athough I gave up after several ads. I don't know if I kept going if I would have eventually gotten to a PC screen or not. Also on that first PC screen there were no active buttons. You must have entered your post while I was keying mine. It seems to be working fine for me again, since you removed the code. I thought that I would give you this info anyway in case it might help debug what you were trying to accomplish. Thanks again.

3. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Danny, there's one other thing that I just remembered. I don't know if it's useful to you not. When it was failing and I had signed on using FF3, I, after checking my gmail, wanted to go back to PC. I pulled down the addresses and there was Priuschat but it had an rss.feed........ something ahead the the Priuschat portion in the address line. I don't remember exactly but it was definitely before anything pointing to priuscaht.