1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After 1 Month Of Ownership...Here She Is Now!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Manila Ice, Jul 22, 2012.

1. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    With a bit of inspiration from the Ice man, and a few others that have done this... the blue backing on my emblems is history.

Removing both front and rear T emblems was incredibly fast and easy, just follow the earlier posted instructions and your in biz. Once removed trace the outline of the blue backing, trim and stick...super easy.

I decided to keep the T's and remaining badges chrome, really don't mind them on this car...My black wheels have chrome lugs and a chrome ring around the Motegi CF center cap, so it kinda all flows together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Pics? And where did you have this done? I want to wrap the rear spoiler and am looking for a place that can do a good job with 3M DI-NOC carbon fiber film.

3. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    here are the long awaited pics, I got everything done in Vancouver, BC, Canada, a friend referred me to them, they're called matte wraps. They do mostly high end cars, Lambo's, Masserati's, and Ferrari's. I used Oracle Satin Black, I also posted pics of the vinyl wraps I used. The sharkfin antenna was wrapped with carbon fiber. Thinking of wrapping the diffuser on Monday, let me know what you guys think and how I should wrap it :) enjoy the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanx for the pix, it was worth the wait as it looks good(y). Couple of questions, did they take off the shark fin to wrap it? & I notice 3 wraps in the last pic. I know u used cf for the s. fin, satin for the roof & tail(but to me it looks like flat/matte black). Where is the 3rd one:confused: ?

5. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hey, yeah they took the sharkfin off to wrap it, the flat one, was a sample given to me to compare and pick which ones I wanted. It was the matte black from 3m, I decided not to go with that one as I wanted a more glossy look to it, so I went with the Oracle Satin Black which looks really nice !!. BTW, some people have used the gloss black from 3m which looks like a sunroof like the Audi A4, however, I was told it scratches really easily.

Hope that helps :) Next mods are full interior carbon fiber trims, Clazzio leather seats with seat warmers, TRD springs, TRD read sway bar, and lastly rims :)

6. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, definitely helped as it is very good to know about the gloss black if I do decide to vinyl the roof. I still may do it (in gloss black) as the allure of having a fake solar roof is too tempting:D. Looking forward to seeing your other upcoming mods:).

7. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Question on the lower side molding. It's black and I cannot find that anywhere on the net. I take it you painted it since you mentioned Trim Paint? If so, did you order the Satin or Chrome piece then painted over it?

8. mdncn2762

mdncn2762 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'll take the AMG......

9. eco-icon

eco-icon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    manila ice, i love your vinyl mod. how did it took them to install it? thanks? whats the warranty?

10. Manila Ice

Manila Ice Hybrid and V8 Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes it's painted (trim paint) and I have the satin piece!

11. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got bored this morning....installed a yellow laminX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ucsmfu and eco-icon like this.
  12. Jill E

Jill E Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Nice work. I bought my car around the same time as you from Dianne. All these white Prius with e black vinyl roof is tempting. Especially at the price you got. Might make a trip from sd to do it since a lot of the shops down here are 200+.....

I would've done emblem work cept I have the ATP package ;-;

If I wanted a vinyl that matches the black spoiler, should I go with a gloss black?

13. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    the one thing that my vinyl installer told me is that the gloss black scratches very easily, especially when there is dust, that's why he doesn't recommend it to his customers. However, I do agree they look better, like the roof of an Audi A4.

But I like the oracle Satin black that I got on mine cause it looks glossy too, easier to maintain and less susceptible to scratches.

14. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    IDK if its easily scratch from a daily use or from installing it.... because when I brought my other car for vinyl It was cold and no sunlight that day and he told me to better install the matte black so it wont have scratch marks because if its too cold he needs to slide those rubber thingy so many times to get rid of those water he sprayed between the roof and vinyl ... And when i took my prius it was sunny and hot and easy for him to install the gloss black without a scratch... I dont know if this make sense to you guys.

15. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Correction: mine is satin black... I think theres 3 ... Gloss, satin and matte black besides the carbon fiber vinyl.

ucsmfu likes this.
  16. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    the gloss is by 3M, the satin black is by oracle

17. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Correct.... I have the oracle!

18. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Manila,

Saw you yesterday. I posted on the Prius 3 main forum someone pointed out the car I posted belongs to you.

Nice ride!

[​IMG]

ckam1989 likes this.
  19. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looks nice. What is the rationale behind getting a white car to keep you cool, and then vinyling the roof black? Sounds to me like the worst of all worlds.

20. Manila Ice

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    because I love haters!!!

Chris S, PriusCamper and mnml like this.