1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After cleaning hv fan

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jack r duncan, Dec 30, 2020.

1. jack r duncan

jack r duncan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2010 i just bought with 130,000 miles so i wanted to clean everything. I took the batt fan out and cleaned it now after i put it back in im getting a check hybrid system light and car wont start. Any tricks i need to know.

Uberdriver2710 likes this.
  2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    First you need to back track your installation and make sure that all the electrical connectors are properly clipped in and seated. Also, if you unlatched the hybrid battery main connector, you need to check and make sure that latch is properly relatched. The is a cam lock failsafe lever the has to be correctly seated. Granted, you’ll have to go through the disassenbly process once again but will be a necessary evil.

3. jack r duncan

jack r duncan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks i figured it out i unplugged the fan then disconnected the negative on the batt and let it set of 30 seconds plugged the fan back in and connected the batt and it went away. Im not sure if the fan connector wasnt seated all the way or not but it woked.