1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After collision issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Techqua, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Techqua

Techqua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello. I was involved in a front end collision in December. (I know! So terrible for a Prius). So many repairs have been done already but now another converter pump is making a loud noise (one pump was already replaced) and my transaxle damper is making a clanky noise almost 100% of the time. The repair shop says they can't say for sure the wreck caused this, but it definitely wasn't there before. The noises are so loud, strangers have asked me if my car died. Insurance won't make the repairs without verification the wreck was the cause. It will cost almost $2K to replace these parts with labor included. Im on the hook for it if they tear down the car and don't have visible proof that the parts are damaged. I was told that dampers rarely look damaged. The springs are just not as well functioning. Anyone ever been in a wreck and had these same issues appear afterwards?

2. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Contact the insurance company is my recomendation.

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lots of people here buy salvage or damaged vehicles to fix up and post their problems and solutions, do a search for salvage is my recommendation.

4. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Have AutoBeYours in Scottsburg do the work. Plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle PHEV

The transaxle damper would only make noise when the gas motor is turning. "almost 100% of the time" implies that you have noise whenever the wheels are turning. If the force of the collision was transmitted along either axle shaft, it could have damaged something inside the transaxle itself, but probably not the damper.