1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

after install an after market stereo system, AC doesn't work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by myue, Apr 15, 2013.

1. myue

myue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is that normal? it says check connection of air conditions.

also the energy page went kind of blank on the battery part, and mpg and miles don't get updated any more, is that normal? how should I fix it?

I noticed there are three wire connector(besides antenna) connects to original audio system, I unplugged all of them, I plugged two of them to the new audio system, should I plugging in the other one back to it, does that help?

Thanks.

2. ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2004 Prius and while searching for information about upgrading the sound system, I found the link below which may be helpful for you:
    Jeremy Travis Vasquez Car Audio Tips Tricks and How To's : 2004-2009 Toyota Prius Quick Tip For Stereo Replacement.

"...This problem will occur if you do not use a 68ohm resistor to connect two wires in the 20 pin white harness removed from the OEM stereo..."

I am no expert and have no idea if this is why you're having AC and other problems, but I hope this helps.

rahul k and Dino33ca like this.
  3. bobodaclown

bobodaclown Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeap, that 68 ohm resister is required. did you you a harness that tied into the system or manually wire it. Some of the harnesses come with the resistor.
    ColoradoMike. nice link you've found.

ColoradoMike likes this.