1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After lurking for a while, finally decided to join...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by visionseeming, Jun 25, 2020.

1. visionseeming

visionseeming Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everyone!

I've bought my 2013 Prius C Three about 11 months ago, and I've loved it so far. I've been a long-time member at CleanMPG, but this seems to be the place where all the serious Prius geeks hang out, so I decided to join and learn as much as I can about these cars...

I've always been interested in fuel efficiency, and prior to purchasing the C I was driving a 1994 Geo Metro XFI as my daily driver... I finally sold it just last month, it was in great running condition so I was able to get a good chunk of change from it.

Anyway, as the Covid pandemic continues, driving has been less a part of my life than normal, as I'm working from home most days. So I've recently been trying to figure out the best way to take care of the car while it's sitting in my garage.

Here's a picture on the day I picked it up from the lot (not a Toyoya dealer, but a 3rd party/independent dealer)... love the Summer Rain metallic color.
    IMG_20190729_180135.jpg

bisco, dig4dirt and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  3. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to PC

Congrats on your purchase of the C (belated)
    My favorite car out there!

I also owned a mint 97 (geo?suzuki?chevy?lol?) Metro long time ago (about 17 years ago)

Not sure on CA current orders, but if possible you could take a day trip or long drive once in a while.
    Funny thing, yesterday morning I washed both cars since weather said clear for about 4-5 days...
    Then around 530pm yesterday it went ahead and rained like hell for 30 mins!
    I was working until 6pm so my little C got wet. hehe, oh well still purty!

How many miles on your pup?
    (coming up close to 50k on my '14)

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Welcome to PC!
    The best way to take care of it is to give it some exercise every couple of days. Take it out for a spin for at least a 1/2 hour or more, just to keep the batteries (12V and Hybrid) charged up, and all of the moving parts moving.

5. Jimm B

Jimm B New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, these are the best practices to keep everything ready when storing. Over time you will also be surprised at the air pressure that tires can lose - it's never a bad idea to check tires with a gauge before each drive.

I also have a question for you folks. I have a block heater by Kats. It is one for the magnetic heaters. I used to attach it to of bottom the oil pan o the bottom of my truck when it had to sleep out in the cold weather. Now that is what is about to happen with my 2014 Prius Plug-in, but because the car is so low to the ground and because there is a plastic cover over the oik pan it is just not convenient to place the magnetic heater on the bottom of the oil pan. Does anyone have a good idea as to another possible location that would be good in terms of placing the magnetic block heater? A place where the block heater is readily accessible and yet is providing heat in a good place?