1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

after market blue tooth - aux port

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ChrisPR77, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ChrisPR77

ChrisPR77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am thinking that a cheepo blue tooth device that would fit into the center console would probably work. Are there any brands that would be more efficient? I am just thinking it could be something to consider to avoid a mpg hit. Any brands systems I should consider? what about paying extra for an internal job?

2. ChrisPR77

ChrisPR77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I saw lots of views today with no answers. I took to the audio thread again tonight when I had more time. The Bluetooth and AUX blogs are dispersed and random. I came across something interesting. I think I can get a direct AUX cable for my phone. This would be the cheapest and also wouldn't have to be charged like a blue tooth. I think I am going to try that. I don't think we think of an option simple like this because if you are like me you haven't been around a home entertainment center in years. I think this will probably be the cheapest and efficient but I am open to other ideas. Prius chat is the best but needs a good audio guy. Thanks.

3. ChrisPR77

ChrisPR77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Seems like I am on my own on this one. I bought a 15$ AUX cable from Best Buy. I have one odd thing happening. This is if I plug my phone into one of the 2 charging ports on the Prius I get some wicked feed back. If I leave the phone unplugged from the charging ports or charge it with my external charger there is no feedback. Anyone understand this feedback scenario? thanks.

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    you need a ground loop isolator. its an aux cable with a little box in the middle of it to block feedback.

5. ChrisPR77

ChrisPR77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you are the best i will give it a try thanks.