1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After Market Lumbar Support Vs Factory Lumbar in Prius Four not IV

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Roswell, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Bob Roswell

Bob Roswell New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    About to purchase a Prius. I don't value anything in thePrius Four not IV, only 2010 Prius used uppercase roman numerals for model designation, trip except the lumbar support. Price increment is > $2,300 just for the lumbar. Dealer recommended aftermarket modification of seat. (not interested in meshes, pillows)

Has anyone tried this? I have been unable to find an aftermarket modification that I can sit in. Price is $450 to modify, which would save $1,900.

(L5-S1 Spinal fusion was most recent back issue)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    if the prius lumbar support works well for you, (assuming you've taken a very long test drive) i think it's worth $2,300.
    there's nothing worse than dropping big bucks on a car, and finding it so painful, you have to trade it in and take a much bigger loss.

RCO likes this.
  3. 17Prius4

17Prius4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I also have back issues and jumped to the level 4 for the seats and the Blind Spot Monitoring. BSM (which, may add the rear cross traffic alert) is one of those things that I didn't appreciate until going on long trips with my wife's Avalon. It is really handy. Rain sensing wipers also worked great in my wife's Avalon so I hope I will like these as much as well.

bisco likes this.
  4. tzx4

tzx4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sat in a Four yesterday. The lumbar support was better than in my Two, however it is at the base of the seat back. It also is rather flat compared to two other vehicle I drive that have adjustable lumbar support. I would much rather have it elevated about three inches to match my back.

RCO likes this.