1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After Market Radio and Visor Mic

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Stu_Audio, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Stu_Audio

Stu_Audio New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've perused the forum for a while. But first time posting.

I'm looking to upgrade my '15 V w/o Nav or JBL. I want to use the Sony XA-AX150 because it looks clean. But it seems like EVERY aftermarket radio has the same ugly Mic. I want to use the Mic that is in the roof already. I know mics, its two/three wires. I don't understand why I can't splice the new connector (3.5" Tip/Sleeve connection) to the existing wires. I just can't find a diagram with clear labels. Anyone know were I can get those sources.

2. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I suspect that the mike signal goes through this connector:

[​IMG]

I got this image from AutoHarnessHouse

That page is for a 28-pin "jumper-type" harness to fit many Subaru, Toyota, and Scion vehicles. This harness has the female and male connector. one end will connect to the factory harness and the other to the connector on the back of the head-unit or navigation system. You may fin this useful for your upgrade, as it allows you to splice without cutting factory wires.

3. Stu_Audio

Stu_Audio New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Awesome! Thanks! I think this is a great idea.

4. anujaya

anujaya New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've been wanting to replace the radio system as well, but how do you access the various settings in the current unit if you replace it?