1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Alarm and retain key fob

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mnhim, Mar 22, 2019.

1. mnhim

mnhim New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I have purchased a used 2015 Prius which does not have an alarm only keyless entry. I would like to add an alarm system and trying to see my options before going to the dealership and purchase a factory alarm system.

I am looking for an aftermarket alarm that can integrate into my existing key fob. Would any have any recommendations. I've looked around but none of the brands show whether they can integrate or not.

Thank you.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    To be honest I haven’t seen a post of someone’s Prius getting stolen in here. Unless you want to store valuable items in the car and need window break detection. I would invest money into an old laptop with v10 techstream.

3. mnhim

mnhim New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have techstream already. I enabled the security system, but upon testing nothing happened when I manually unlocked the door manually. I am guessing I don't have the security brain installed. Unless I am doing it wrong, can someone point me in the right direction.

I am not concerned about my car getting stolen, but more about someone breaking my glass or stealing my cat converter. And yes, cat converters are pretty popular here in LA.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and batteries