1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Amp in Prius Prime Advanced

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Philipt99, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Philipt99

Philipt99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Preface:
    Recently I installed a Prestigious Society "Navigation and Video Enhancement" module allowing the passenger to access the GPS and watch videos while the car is in motion. This went without a hitch (Once I unplugged the battery terminal), but I am still underwhelmed with the JBL Audio "Premium Sound" in my Prius Prime. The 11.6" Navigation seems nearly impossible to replace since the climate control is built into it (Which is too bad since the maps are so out of date) so I am looking at installing a Digital Sound Processor and aftermarket Amp with a 10" sub. I could go to the factory amp under the seat and use a multimeter on each wire to try and figure out which wire is which, but I am hoping there is an easier way.

Question:
    Is there a Pin Out of the factory wiring harness going into and out of the factory amp somewhere? Is there a place I can buy the reverse wire connectors (male/female) so I don't have to cut up the factory harness? Any other recomendation?

Sezy likes this.