1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket and Steering Wheel Controls

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Chairman Wang, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Chairman Wang

Chairman Wang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I can't seem to figure out how to connect the PAC SWI-RC with my 2010 JBL prius. I had a Kenwood ddx9902s HU installed. The 20 pin connector the instructions refer to seem to be different than mine, I don't have a 6 pin ground on mine.

In addition, will I be able to retain control of buttons from both sides of the steering wheel as well as the overlay they make on the dashboard?

If not, would something like the idatalink Maestro RR do it?

Attached Files:

2. mcowing

mcowing New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    bump. I'm also interested in this question. You might need to jump some wires but I don't know. From what I've been told, those units (PAC SWI and probably the Maesto as well) will retain control of the music portions of your new radio, but the phone controls will no longer function.

3. Calvin C

Calvin C Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm curious about this, did anyone figure out if after market steering wheel adapters retain the ability to change displayed in the hud on dash?