1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket backup/reverse camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by justice sommer, Apr 27, 2018.

1. justice sommer

justice sommer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm looking to get a cheap aftermarket backup camera for my 2010 Prius. A lot of the ones listed on eBay that are designed to mount in the license plate light bracket say they will fit 2012-2015. But is there really a difference between a 2010 and a 2012? I was under the impression that the bodies were identical.

2. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    the bodies r identical from what i know, exterior wise its just different headlights, taillights and front bumper, so it shouldnt be a problem buying a kit thats for the 2012-2015. if i were u tho i wouldve bought a camera that looks like the OEM camera, and mount it where the OEM camera is. Like this guys has done (u see it right between both the toyota emblems).
    [​IMG]

Buying a camera like this for example so u dont have to but a huge hole in the hatch. but still keep the OEM look. [​IMG]

Does ur car have naviagtion? or is it a base car where u have to add a video monitor?