1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

aftermarket direct replacement headlight ballast?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PaulMarshall, Sep 20, 2018.

1. PaulMarshall

PaulMarshall Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2004 Prius is doing the headlight goes out, flip them quickly off and back on and it fixes it issue thing that I've read a lot about.

I've watched a few YouTube video's and they all say that the aftermarket one's on eBay do not have the correct end to the wire and you have to modify it using parts from your old ballast.

Does anyone know of a source (other than Toyota dealer) where I can get a ballast that requires no modifications to install?

I've been looking on amazon and eBay but all I have found are the ones that need modded to fit.

Surely there is at least one manufacturer making a direct bolt in that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

2. PaulMarshall

PaulMarshall Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    both headlights went out at once last night on a cloudy night while I was driving 65mph (speed limit) in the middle of nowhere. It scared the hell out of me. Absolutely no vision and the "flip light switch off and on" didn't work. I came to a full stop and finally after about a minute of flipping switch on and off they came back on.

Can anyone advise?

Surely someone makes an igniter for 2004 HID headlights that are direct replacement without having to change the wire ends.

Please help.

Paul