1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket GPS??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xbdude, Aug 8, 2006.

1. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've had a chance to "play" with a bunch of GPS at Circuit City, and the Garmin Nuvi 350 seems to be best. The little suction cup mount would go well right on the AC vent cover to the left or right of the MFD. The little arm can be bent just about any way. Circuit City wants $799, but a quick web search found one for $579, new in the box, from GPS on SALE in Arizona. The only thing is that I use a Mac computer, and if ever I had to update or download, I might have to go to a friend's house and act humbled by his Windows machine.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I use a Garmin StreetPilot 2620 with the beanbag mount. I set it in front of me on the dash, just a bit to the left so as not to obscure the speedometer. This puts it right in my field of view so I don't have to look way over at the MFD to see the visual indication of upcoming streets and turns. It's great. It's got the whole of the U.S. and Canada built in. It has a few quirks, and the database of businesses is not 100%, but it's great. Reading complaints about the built-in NAV, I'm glad I have the Garmin instead.