1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Moonroof for Prius V with Advanced Tech Package

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by migs, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    various shades of red (or blue) of course. Just like the beige interiors will be a mix of light beige and darker brown.

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Remember that the Solar Roof Package comes with the Nav system & JBL sound system (an $1,800 option if on its own).

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just nav. JBL is included in Prius III and higher.

4. Jared

Jared Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is it true that Nav only works when the car is stopped? I would rather be able to see it while driving.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that would be a pretty useless nav system now, wouldn't it?

It locks out certain functions while the car is in motion. However, every feature is still available via voice activation. The screen is still visible and you can still see the route and the map.

6. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Right. It is just a slightly different JBL system, because there is a 4-disc CD changer, the NAV DVD and the XM radio NavTraffic hookup. Here is the description:

(NV) Voice-activated touch-screen DVD navigation system with JBL® AM/FM/MP3 4-disc CD changer, eight speakers, integrated satellite radio capability, XM NavTraffic® capability, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, and integrated backup camera.

The JBL that comes with the Prius III is slightly different, because it doesn't include the Nav system and the in-dash screen:

(EJ) JBL® AM/FM/MP3 6-disc CD changer with eight speakers, integrated satellite radio capability and hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® wireless technology.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fiiiiiiinnneeee, be that way :p:p:p

8. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :eyebrows::caked:

9. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    To be "specific", the JBL "system" is identical between the two. What's different is the Panasonic vs. Denso head unit. ;)

10. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Does that also account for the music streaming aspect of Bluetooth?

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the head unit is what adds the additional features and removes the additional 2 discs from the changer in exchange for the DVD-ROM for NAV.

12. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    are you sure its Webesco, and not Webasto, cause there is a company here in detroit burbs called webasto that makes great moonroofs, their 'spoiler' style starts around $700, their 'in-built' style start around $900, and its about $250 extra for a sensor to close the moonroof if car is parked & it starts to rain. (price varies depending on your local certified installer)

I agree a moonroof is well worth a 1 or 2 mpg drop on the highway (i drive 99% in city anyways) and the moonroof would eliminate the need for a/c so it would increase 2 or 3 mpg in the city.

but gen II prius roof has a weird shape that makes it very aerodynamic but makes it impossible to install a moonroof up to oem standards (aftermarket moonroofs all 'sink in' over time)

since obviously nobody with 21st century tech HIDs on a gen II would be willing to go back to the 20th century halogen technology, I will be forced to buy a prius V, not too much sun up here in Michigan so no need for solar panels, an aftermarket moonroof is just fine with me (especially with the cool rain sensor), does anyone know if the prius V roof carries over the same roof shape with those 2 kinks as in the gen II????

anybody had a roof installed on their gen III prius V??

13. PaulMCK

PaulMCK New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You may want to take a look at the thread titled Aftermarket Sunroof over on the Gen III (2010+) Prius Accessories and Modifications Forum - it explores this issue.

I believe you are talking about the Webasto company's products. Hope this helps.

PaulMCK

14. Iceman123

Iceman123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just to put my 2 cents in ..and I am late to the dance... I was looking for a stylish car/SUV that wasn't a luxury class and that was good to very good on gas(I got stressed looking at my leased 2006 Murano's computer telling me I was getting 12 miles mpg)While shopping SUV's I came across the Prius styling and huge gas rating(Big pluses)...I became interested in it and read some on it. I was in shock to find out that the Prius V did not have the solar/sunroof in its package...When was the last time you got a car with bells and whistles and didn't have a sunroof ?...Most of the other techy(Radar, Park assist) options that come with the V is nice for show off purposes...But seriously how many people need it ?...I love the 17' wheels/215 tires(Compared to a Toyota Corolla look of a 15") on the V and find the fog lights and LED lamps which help the styling effect(Compared to the hideous Grey wallpaper in the 4) of the car...If I was Toyota, I wouldn't have made a IV, but a V with sunroof/solar option and no grey wallpaper foglights and with road hugging 17's/215's(So what if you lose 3 mpg on drag with the look of the car)! The III should only have a sunroof option and not solar !..So the real bells and whistles would go with one model instead of being divided in 2..And after reading and seeing what cars were bought ..it would be safe to assume that 75% of all IV and V buyers would of wanted what I just said ..Instead of what they got !

15. ehoward123

ehoward123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I too have the 2010 Prius V with advanced technology package and am looking at wanting to add a 'standard sunroof' or a 'panorama sunroof' to my car. I am located in Charleston, SC and have read the posts but can not find someone local to do the install or a company I can send it to that would be close (GA,NC,FL). If anyone can help, please let me know