1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Paint, Fabric, & Rust Protection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DHonzik, Jun 29, 2005.

1. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NCPrius @ Jul 5 2005, 06:02 PM) [snapback]104305[/snapback]</div>

Have a very good friend who is in the car business for 29 years..He told me the toyoguard and similar packages are in fact, TOTAL MONEYMAKERS for the dealership..And, the benefits of them are up for discussion as well. There is already some type of rust guard and paint protection from the factory. It may not be called something fancy, but the Manuf would not give a warranty on something it EXPECTS to fail. Save your money...Check into some scotchguard type products for your fabric, and then get some good cleaning and waxing products to keep the paint looking great. There are plenty of links for products like that on the forum...

2. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    FWIW, when I bought my Prius I gave my 10-year-old VW Jetta to my daughter.

It has been washed only occasionally, no special protection of any kind. There is not a spot of rust anywhere on the body.