1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Performance Exhaust for Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by natsmada, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Justdidit, your car is awesome! However, for me, should the horsepower itch cause me to scratch till I bleed, I will go get car that I can work on, drive on the weekends, etc. For Funsees, a 69 California bug with 1800cc or 2000cc motor, combined with two webers (dual intake), modified head, tranny and electronic ignition, ceramic headers would be my dream. If you have ever owned a sup'd up bug, you know what I'm talking about!! Till then, I will leave my prius stock. But, congrats to you on yours, I bet it drives as good as it looks!!

Justdidit likes this.
  2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You probably know "Paradise Motorsports" in San Marcos then. If not, your missing out... it's awesome!

3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just went to the website............Holy S#$%@! VW heaven!! Here in SoCal we have a place in Santa Ana called Fat Performance and another one in Orange who's name I can't remember because they changed the name twice. Going to surf through Paradise right now!!

4. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I also have a 3 chamber 6 inch round magnaflo muffler with 2 inch in and out. But not sure if I should use that. But your exhaust certainly looks like it would flow more than you need. But if gas mileage up safe to assume it's not hurting it.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Justdidit likes this.
  5. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What size pipe is that? Looks like kept same where it's biggest coming out of the cat.

6. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Played through my home stereo to hear it. It does have a tone at idle. What about high rpms Into the gas?

7. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Stock piping from the cats through to the resonator are 2". However, at the turn down to go around the gas tank, the piping goes down to around 1.75 -1.5". Can't remember exactly but its definitely smaller than 2". I ran 2" all the back with mandrel bends.

8. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I've only captured idle on the car externally. Its not real easy to get the car to 'rev' while in park let alone neutral or drive with your foot on the brake. I've never checked what the car will let you 'rev' to while 'power-charging' the battery. "Maybe I can request my wife to record a video sometime while I rev the engine on my Prius." -said Nobody ..haha..

9. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    1.5, it gets very small. Well if your system works that well a 2 inch magnaflo 3 chamber muffler will probably work fine for me. I was just concerned I'd lose flow rate by opening up the exhaust so much. Lose gas mileage.

10. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Is it loud in the car reving on a hill?

11. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I never lost MPG with the exhaust mods until i couldn't keep my foot out of it...then I did..and still do lose mpg. But if you drive 'normal', I'd expect your MPG to improve...and I cannot prove it scientifically but just from my experience.

12. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Definitely louder...i mean compare the stock idle to my setup...the dB rating has got to be quite a bit higher... I actually want to swap out one of the 4" Magnaflows on the dual loop setup for a 7"... just to quiet it down a bit. Currently running 1 less cat, no res and (4) 4" Magnaflows.

13. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    One chambers are very loud. The 3 chamber with 2 in and out should flow plenty for the 1.5 motor. Part # 13650 one I have. Just need to find someone to Install and not care about my magnaflo cat system that's not legal in California. Even though it complies to the regulations.

14. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Not sure where you're at, but in San Diego, I know a shop. Same that did mine.

I actually didn't know MagnaFlow had a multi-chambered muffler. I'd be interested in how it sounds.

15. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That's 3 hours away.
    I'm sure I can find someone pretty close.

16. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I had the 3 chamber magnaflo installed locally. 65 bucks. Only drove it a few miles but sound wise it's really not any louder. Seems to have little more pep gettin on the freeway too. Need to drive it more, let computer settle in. But definitely not a loudness issue.

17. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    1495058658236.jpg

18. D_n_D

D_n_D Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Cats are only able to be removed legally in off road vehicles.
    Exhaust is perfectly legal to modify depending on state/county/city.
    Exhaust sound can not exceed a specific dB.

If caught without a cat you can be fined etc. But the exhaust does not matter near as much.

I'm in California and have legally changed many exhausts with performance exhausts. Yes it is minimal performance upgrade alone but improves sound and some performance.

O2 sensor is required to help maintain the air fuel if I remember correctly. Remove it then expect a check engine light and not able to pass smog.

Exhaust has nothing to do with brown air, blacksmoke etc. In a diesel it's ad tuner that mods it to do different things. I excessive fuel to cause black smoke etc.

19. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No it is NOT.
    Federal regulations apply everywhere and the rules govern both air pollution AND noise pollution.
    In order to be legal, the parts used in any modification must be approved for replacement use on that specific model car.

Of course what usually happens is:
    Everybody ignores that warning stamped into the metal that says: For off-road use only.

20. D_n_D

D_n_D Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It's not per vehicle. It's the epa carb approved. Think thats the right wording. I missed adding that part. And thought i added the on and offřad info also.

Sorry was and still am super tired.

Carb is required for california. So state trumps federal on that part.
    But not all are stamped. My exhaust was carb approved with no stamping. They don't check mufflers unless it fails.