1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket radio + JBL amp not working

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by hansdijkmannl, Jul 22, 2019.

1. hansdijkmannl

hansdijkmannl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Business Edition
    Hi

I've got a 2012 Prius+ with the JBL package and replaced my stock radio with a Joying Android unit and connected it by using the AX-TYAMP2-SWC by Axxess, but somehow the audio is not working or the JBL amp won't turn on.
    When I unplug the harness plug that goes to the AMP, start the car and then plug it back in sometimes I do get audio but then when I turn of the car and start it again the audio is not working again.

Did I miss something when connecting the harness because I did connect the AMP-CONT cable from the Joying harness and there is 12 volts on it.

And somehow when I want to reprogram the SWC unit I cannot get beyond radio option 16 and then the red light goes on, I also don't know if I do need to choose the JBL radio option in the SWC unit to get it to work.

2. nfg2u

nfg2u Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Did you ever get a resolution. I am facing the same exact issue. I was able to get audio once after upgrading the unit to 1.5.

3. hansdijkmannl

hansdijkmannl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Business Edition
    I still don't have a resolution for the problem

4. nfg2u

nfg2u Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I finally got mine working yesterday. I plugged the OEM radio back in and got the sound working. The signal is sent to the amp by the original head unit. Plug AX-TYAMP2-SWC with the new radio in (do a hot swap) while leaving the ignition on. Quickly press the reset button the AX-TYAMP2-SWC. Let it do its "auto discovery". When you get a green light on the AX-TYAMP2-SWC, let it sit for a minute. Unplug the AX-TYAMP2-SWC only then plug it back in. Once it powers up (before 20 seconds have elapsed) do another reset of the AX-TYAMP2-SWC and let it go back through its auto discovery. I was then able to turn the ignition off on the car and when I turned it back on the AX-TYAMP2-SWC would send the signal to the amp and I now have normal sound coming from the new head unit. I have used the car 4 or 5 times now with no issues. Let me know how it goes.. Its so nice to have Apple CarPlay in my Yoda.. ;-)

5. hansdijkmannl

hansdijkmannl New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Business Edition
    Tried your solution and I do get audio after hot swapping the radio en resetting AX-TYAMP2-SWC the first time, but some other times I got some audio and then it fades out or no audio at all. Then when it did work with the first reset I pulled both plugs on the AX-TYAMP2-SWC and plugged them back in and hit the reset button the second time and the audio did turn on again. But if I turn off the car and turn it back on there is no audio anymore and if I plug in the OEM radio it says that the audio is turned off and I have to tun it on again and start over.

6. nfg2u

nfg2u Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Try it without unplugging.. double reset after the hot swap.