1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Remote Start w/OEM fob - Video inside.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by The Critic, May 2, 2013.

1. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I actually had this issue way before the remote start install was even a thought in my head, my car had this issue once the obd2 scanner was used while driving down the road and using the Torque app. Once I removed the everything was fine though...

2. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Edit: I am talking about an elf bluetooth scanner, you might be talking about a snapon or similar scanner though?

3. bluehcc

bluehcc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I did not write down the name of the OBD reader this local shop use. I had him plugged into the OBD port and I can see those lights come up after he hitted the button to connect. I just did some google search last night and found similiar problem with multiple people after using the OBD reader device. Some of them got resolved after doing the Zero Point Calibration by shorten CG and TS pin with a procedure below. I am bit confuse about the TS pin. One of the Toyota PDF show its pin 14 and some other place show its pin 12. I tried the procedure with pin 14 and 4 but did not work. I just ordered the "Mini VCI 16 PIN OBD2 Diagnostic Cable for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Cable" from amazon. Hopefully, I can figure out something with this tool.

Zero Point Calibration
    1. Make sure the ignition (key) is in the off position.

2. Locate DLC3 connector (under the drivers side dash) and jump terminals ts and cg.

3. Turn ignition to the on position (do not start vehicle).

4. VSC warning light will turn out for 4 seconds then start to flash.

5. Once the light starts flashing for a few seconds, turn the ignition off and remove jumper wires.

4. trungdok

trungdok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you disconnect the 12v battery (for a decent amount of time) to reset the system? Worth a try

5. bluehcc

bluehcc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It turns out that this problem was not cause by remote start installation. It was cause by plugged in obd2 reader from local dealer which erased car calibration memory from skid control computer. I bought the mini mvci usb adapter to obd2 and use it with toyota techstream software to recalibrate the skid computer sensors. Body ECM --> utility --> linear solenoid valve offset calibration. This took care the all zero point calibration sensor undone error.

6. bluehcc

bluehcc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am thinking about adding an VSM300 module to my current dball2 setup. The module is currently flash to use factory remote 3x. Does anyone know if I need to reflash the module to use external remote in order to use VSM? Am I correct that, the lock and unlock on the factory remote, and touch handle on door to unlock will still work with VSM? Thanks

7. beaker83

beaker83 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All,

I recently installed the DBALL unit with 3x RSR enabled into a 2012 Prius V this weekend. I used the T-Harness cable for CAN and power signals and then soldered the other 3 BRX, BTX, and parking lights signals to the body ECU. I had no issues finding these wires and once everything was connected, tested it out and it remote started my car successfully.

However, 20 minutes later, after moving the car out of the garage, trying to remote start the vehicle now results in the parking lights flashing 6 times -- which according to the manual, indicates that the hood switch is not engaged. :(

I did not install a hood switch and it sounds like no one on this thread has either, correct? From the manual, it seems like the DBALL unit can sense if the hood is open or closed via the vehicle CAN bus and you do not need to install a separate switch... is that correct?

Has anyone else had this issue? I see a few people having a 7 flashing light code -- was there a distinct way to get rid of that?

Thanks!!

8. Me9adethFan

Me9adethFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I figured out the dball2 7 red flashes code.

I would imagine that those that are having that issue flashed their module the same way I did originally.....using the wrong spot to flash. When you look at the top of the directech website, there is a widget near the top that will allow you to flash the dball2 directly from the main page. Do not use this method.

Instead, scroll down to the remote start ready multi and combo modules section. In that section you will find a button labeled "Config for RSR". Click this button and follow the steps to properly flash your module for RSR.

#168 Me9adethFan, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    peterjmc likes this.
  9. fazibazi

fazibazi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder if it will work in AURIS I HSD.... any help? The same Hybrid drive and i hope ECU as in PRIUS III. I need just remote start - no extra features.

10. john_seba

john_seba Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everybody and thank you all for your post . Please tell me if the car remains closed when the remote start is activated . I park always outside . Thank you

11. fazibazi

fazibazi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this thread dead? As i've red here the only option to get only 3xlock start is to buy a dball or bdall2 programmed BEFORE 1oct2014 to work? Please confirm? If i'll buy now brand new dball2 programmed for Prius 2011 the remote start 3xlock will NOT WORK?
    I wrote to this seller:
    Directed XPRESSKIT DBALL2 Interface OEM x3 Lock Remote Start Ready w/ FREE FLASH | eBay
    a question if it (3xlock start - remote start from OEM key) will work with Prius 2011 and he replied:
    "Yes we can program it as stand alone x3 Lock Remote Start to work with your original remote. You car has to be Remote Start Ready (RSR), see list of compatible RSR vehicles in the description."

And according to the list Prius 2011 is RSR ready so this function shall work? Tell me if i am wrong.

#171 fazibazi, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  12. Sammaryprius

Sammaryprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not able to open the second video!! How can I have access to the second video??

13. stormgrey

stormgrey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    A Prius does not either Heat or Cool instantly, it takes 5minutes to get really hot air from the vents.
    Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

14. doctorman

doctorman Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the website does not give access to regular users only dealers.
    is DBALL2 still the way to go in 2024?

15. doctorman

doctorman Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    is this thread dead?

the original videos are both dead
    the DBALL is discontinued, there is DB3 and DBALL2
    there are multiple harnesses now for toyotas
    the website of directed is useless to not dealers

there is also 4x10 kit with all the wires plug and play perhaps ..

can anyone shed some light

16. doctorman

doctorman Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just to update this chat

XPRESSKIT = DIRECTED = DIRECTECH this company went crazy by Oct 2017 and only allows people who buy hundreds of units from them per 3 months to have an active DIRECTLINK account and to program the modules.

You can still buy the modules and ask the dealer you buy it from to program it before shipping it but if that goes wrong you have to ship it back or go to a local dealer and beg or pay whatever they say the cost of reprogramming is.

DBALL replaced DBALL2 the x3 lock optio is now not available based on what I understand so you need DBALL2 Pro which probably discontinued already and replaced with DB3 (dorball3)

4x10 , 5x10 (4x10 with security) can be used also and has some more features like alarm but has to be programmed by dealer again. 4X10 gets no more updates as of 2018

DS3 and DS4 replaced 4x10

DS4 has Bluetooth option for user and for installer DS3 does not

all this is useless since you need xkloader2 or xkloader 3 (has Bluetooth) and live log in to directtech website to program the modules above.

If you want a cheap Remote starter you can get a DB3 for close to 40$ on ebay and ask the seller to program it before shipping

you also get the plug and play Harness THTOD2 (discontinued ) or TLTH2 for prius 3rd gen.

Alternatives :