1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Seat Ventilation in 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by raygundan, Jun 8, 2009.

1. raygundan

raygundan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rode in a friend's new car over the weekend with ventilated seats. I've seen heated seats, but this was awesome for hot weather-- nice cool air blowing out of the seat and back. Worked really well.

Does anybody know if such a thing is available as an aftermarket modification? There's some mention of it in older threads, but not a lot of detailed info.

2. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Everything's available for a price. If you were going to do this I would buy a Prius III and put the leather and power lumbar on yourself as well. Seems weird you hot weather guys get solar cooling and remote AC but not this, and instead get heated seats.

3. raygundan

raygundan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You wouldn't happen to know what sort of price and from whom, would you? And I'd rather avoid the leather seats anyway-- but I'd expect you could push air through cloth seats in the first place.

4. nycaznmike

nycaznmike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    has anyone found anything that works well enough to buy?

5. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm interested in this as well. I have a IV and have the leather heated seats, but would gladly trade it for ventilated seats. My fiance's lexus IS250 has vented and heated seats. I always wondered why Toyota skimped out on the vented seats since my car cost almost the same or a bit more than her IS.

6. ataylor2

ataylor2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So they could put $10k worth of battery in the back and have buyers wanting to move up the line.