1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aggressive Drivers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by withersea, Sep 6, 2006.

?
  1. Teenage boys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Teenage girls

50.0%
  3. Twentysomething males

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Twentysomething females

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Soccer Moms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Traveling Salespersons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Rich spoiled ladies in Mercedes, Beemers, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Rednecks in pickup trucks

50.0%
  9. Big Rigs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Old people who drive too fast

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Old people who drive too slow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Old people who drive too fast and too slow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. middle aged men

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. middle aged women

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Rich spoiled men in Mercedes, Beemers, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Sep 6 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]315370[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, they come in Cracker Jacks boxes.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i picked rich spoiled ladies in expensive cars. or big cars. the other day i was tailgated at a distance that was *beyond* too close for comfort... for about 12 miles.

the driver? some blond chick chewing her gum like a cow and vapidly twirling her hair in her fingers in an escalade.

i had half a mind to slam on my brakes and claim i stopped for a cat crossing the road... but i didn't care to deal with that, i just wanted to get home after a long day.

3. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I vote for the really large Pickup truck driver, mostly on the feeder roads, with empty beds, in perfectly clean casual clothing (have not done a lick of physical labor all day long). They buy the big trucks for one reason, to be nasty on the road. Not for any useful purpose. People who drive these trucks on the highway seem to be more interested in mileage these days, however and pace along with the slow lane traffic just fine.

4. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hehe, well if people understood us better and started doing what we are doing then things won't be so bad.

Well for me anyway, if I know (and usually i'm 95% right since Iam very familiar with the route I choose to work on a daily basis) a light will turn red on me then I'll hypermile towards the light (also known as coasting), sure you'll be pissed at me, sure you'll be right at my tail, but in the end, we'll be at the same light anyway so why don't you understand my position before you rear end me alive.

I voted twenty something males... they are usually the ones that always have to strut their ego. Funny... I'm part of that category myself :D

5. techguru

techguru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The poll is missing expensive SUV drivers, Male or female. I chose the Rich spoiled men, but I was really thinking of Escalade's and the like more then Mercedes.

You don't see many on the road these days, but about 20 years ago, it was anyone driving a Peugeot. Beemers seem to have taken over, but even they are overshadowed by the ones who drive their giant SUV's as if they were sports cars.

Alan

6. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Sep 6 2006, 07:54 AM) [snapback]315148[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Sep 6 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]315209[/snapback]</div>
    So far, I'm goin' with teen-aged boys as the worst of the worst...since mine is 18, and surely qualifies as a REALLY bad driver...Gotta try harder withersea...didn't offend me! Of course, I AM biased, since MINE sure as hell KNOWS he is the BEST driver around...despite the TWO (no injuries, fortunately) at-fault accidents he had in his 1st six months of being licensed...much to MY dismay at the insurance bills...and, of course, hearing him saying what a GOOD driver he his since he has "never" gotten a ticket...in 10 MONTHS of driving.

Oops. Rant there. guess you hit a sore point, if not an offensive one, huh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Sep 6 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]315338[/snapback]</div>
    hyo...I've had more trouble noticing these since I stopped using cruise control! :eek: (The slow down/speed ups...a paint ball gun is a GREAT idea...Guess I'm gonna have to steal the kid's!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Sep 6 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]315370[/snapback]</div>
    Don't you know that driving is a RIGHT and NOT a privilege????? Just ask my kid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Sep 6 2006, 01:53 PM) [snapback]315392[/snapback]</div>
    Doesn't seem to be geographical...ask the insurance companies who they LEAST like to insure...and then Google a bit...it's REALLY scary, especially if you are a parent of one of those SO gifted. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Somechic @ Sep 6 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]315409[/snapback]</div>

7. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've decided that my top candidate changes daily. Yesterday morning it was the cigarette smoking, cell phone using, coffee drinking 20 something female. Yesterday afternoon it was the middle aged female Mercedes driving tailgater/lane changer with a beehive hair-do up to Jesus and Fearless Fly sunglasses. This morning it was the big rig driver who ran me off of the road as he pulled into the left lane to pass going up a hill. :angry:

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Sep 7 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]315741[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Gawd, I LOVE you <strike>hillbillies</strike> Appalachians!

9. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Worse than aggressive drivers are "passive aggressive" drivers, who I also call the "enforcers" . They have decided to take it upon themselves to enforce the speed limit by driving slow in the left lane of traffic regardless of conditions or prevailing traffic speeds. Apparently they believe they have some special knowledge of the world that allows them to dictate how everyone else should drive. In fact they often end up causing accidents and road rage by impeding otherwise smooth flowing traffic.
    Thank goodness that now in Colorado there are several traffic laws aimed at just these people. Yup, you can now get a ticket for going too slow in the left lane (even if you are driving the speed limit), or not pulling over on a 2 lane road to let a long line of cars pass you. :)

10. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narf @ Sep 7 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]315758[/snapback]</div>
    I sure hope they are not pulling over ones that are going the speed limit. On a 2 lane road I dont care how many are behind me. I'll do the speed limit and no more. If someone wants to tailgate i'll slow down 5mph until they back off.

11. NorwoodIV

NorwoodIV New Member

Soccer moms are clearly the most aggressive in Southern California.

1. They drive the largest vehicles, with serious horsepower, Escalade, etc.
    1A. They are not afraid to use said horsepower, or to cut you off for any reason. You are simply "in the way."
    2. They multi-task while driving: Fix hair, yack on mobile phones, beat children, read Vogue
    3. They tailgate, as if that somehow makes traffic move faster

I actually had a soccer mom flip me off the other day. The White Sale at Bloomie's must have ended. Bummer.

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narf @ Sep 7 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]315758[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Sep 7 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]315769[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pale Alien @ Sep 8 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]316638[/snapback]</div>
    Last I checked, there were laws MOST places for causing backups on 2-lane roads--that's what turn-outs are for. If I am in the RIGHT lane of a multi-lane road and someone tailgates, THEN I tap my brakes, however often it takes to get whomever off my butt. If "prevailing conditions" seem to be faster than I like where my ONLY option is to use a pull-out--then that is what I do.

Being a rolling roadblock isn't any kind of answer. Let the buttheads pull out and burn all the rubber they want to, just so long as they are FAR away from me!