1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aggressive driving behaviors against Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by texasshawshank, Nov 28, 2016.

1. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know, I know! Heck, I just wanted to see what my new toy, erm, car was capable of, honest officer!

bisco likes this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    "Say 'Hello' to my little friend!"
    [​IMG]

My motto for aggressive drivers, "Muller Schwarz be with you".

Bob Wilson

#22 bwilson4web, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Bluegrassman and RCO like this.
  3. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This morning I just stop the car and let the nice person go past me. It was a 30 speed limit zone . They driving around 50 mph . That just crazy. If I could I put the drone just to start giving ticket by mail..

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. bhtooefr

bhtooefr Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    To be fair, a lot of the VW vans can't go fast - like anything before they switched to watercooled engines.

That said, this thread isn't about aggressiveness against slow Priuses for being slow, it's aggressiveness against Priuses for being Priuses, it seems.

I've not noticed any particular aggressiveness against mine, but then the Gen 4 is still very uncommon in my area, so a lot of the locals probably don't even realize that it's a Prius unless they see the badge - for that matter, there's probably still more Gen 2s than Gen 3s.

RCO likes this.
  5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It is not the car, it is the driver. I drive as they do and see very little 'Prius effect'.

If you get a Prius and slow from 85+ to the speed limit, yet continue to occupy the left lanes, you WILL notice a 'Prius Effect'. It has nothing to do with the car. Drive the speed of the semis, in the right lanes with the semis, and the 'Prius Effect' magically disappears.

Is the road completely empty? Pulse and Glide to your heart's content. Drive that way in traffic? The "Prius Effect' is back and it is not the car, it is the Driver.

They did not learn to hate Prius at their mother's knee. YOU taught them to hate Prius. YOU can drive so they don't hate you. Or you can keep driving like you do, and whine.

6. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    No, I really didn't. I drive the limit or up to 5-10 mph over depending on traffic flow, and I stay out of the left lanes as much as possible.

I've had someone slow down in the mainlanes just to "roll coal" next to me while I was on an entrance ramp and accelerating to merge. Sometimes it's the car plus the other Neanderthals.

YOU can be a little more accepting of other people's opinions and recognize that they may have different experiences from your own.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Shame we can't shoot electrons in return.

Bluegrassman, wrprice and tpenny67 like this.
  8. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thinking back to a week ago. I had a doe slam into the passenger side of my car and break-off the side-view mirror bracket.

I was thinking it was just "one of those things," but now, I am wondering....

Is there a great conspiracy against the Prius, that has now spread into the animal kingdom -- see for yourself...

#28 cyberpriusII, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    tpenny67 likes this.
  9. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I live in Prius country where every other car is a Prius and most likely driving slow. So I am ashamed to say, I profile against a Prius whether they go slow or fast. If there is a Prius in front of me, I will pass it up whether it's going slow or not because my experience is it will become a road block eventually. I do the same with a white Camrys and Beige Lexus ES sedans.

They are likely to stop in right turn lanes in front of red lights. They are likely to not move at red lights despite being green for over 5 seconds. They are likely to go speed limit in the left lane. They are also likely to brake for no apparent reason so you have to keep your distance or overtake.

When I get cut off in my Prius, it annoys me but I also fully understand why it happens. Like begets like. As a group, we Prius drivers tend to drive like nice person hats along with white Camrys and Lexus sedans.

cyberpriusII likes this.