1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ahh! What's Wrong?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Feb 28, 2005.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    All went well. In fact, it was surprisingly simple. They just ordered the revised model for me last week and installed it today.

They also did the NAV update and the 30,000 mile service at the same time... there was a catch though.

The service was scheduled to take so long, they offered to provide a rental vehicle. It was a nasty vehicle that used 20th Century technology. You don't realize just how spoiled you are with a Prius until you have to drive something so primitive. I had totally forgotten just how smoooooth Prius was when you launch briskly from a dead stop. I take full advantage of the by-wire accelerator in Prius. Doing that in a traditional vehicle is quite different, the vehicle jerks forward in a very unpleasant way. I made a discovery too. The seats in Prius deal with keeping you warmer in the winter dramatically better than that rental did. No wonder people ask me if Prius offers heated seats and I question why they would need that.

Anywho, the Multi-Display replacement was a very good experience. I hope everyone else that has to deal with that now has an equally positive story to share afterward.

2. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Actually, when engineering transport aircraft, failure is not only an option, it is a vital assumption. Thus triple reduntant critical systems. I still wish I had cables to my flight controls as a backup!