1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AIC-100i Distortion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by evil_attorney, Feb 4, 2006.

1. evil_attorney

evil_attorney New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have had the 100i for about 4 months. Since the begining I have noticed distortion some distortion in the mid/high frequency range. It is most apparent on some songs with piano.

I have the the video ipod with sound check on, although this doesn't seem to make a difference. I have a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack. The distortion is not in the MP3's themselves.

I googled the problem and found that someone on the Lexus board was having the same problem. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/lofiv...php/t18007.html

I thought I remembered an old post (deleted now?) regarding the switches on the unit affecting the sound. Maybe this would help?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. BobR

BobR Member

I have not noticed any distortion with my AIC-100i and iPod, but this might have more to do with my choice of music.
    What firmware do you have? I know there are issues with the older firmware and the new iPods. My AIC-100i doesn't have any switches at all.

Have you contacted Eugene at Vais?