1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aim HID headlights right/left (2006)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by moronmatt, Nov 3, 2014.

1. moronmatt

moronmatt New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2006 model with the factory HID's that I purchased about a month ago, and noticed when driving at night that while the headlights illuminate the left side of the road perfectly, the right side is at best, dim. Also, there isn't a noticeable difference on the right shoulder of the road when I turn on the brights. I pulled it in front of my garage this evening to see if they were aligned right, and for some reason, the right side headlight is aimed WAY to the left. I had the car about 20 feet from my garage, and the right headlight is aimed within inches of the left headlight (they both point to almost exactly in front of the drivers side of the car). The difference is even worse when the brights are on, because the extra illumination that gets shed above the focal point of the right headlight ends up completely to the left of center. Looking at the car, it doesn't look like anything is bent/broken that would've caused the headlight assembly to shift, so I'm wondering if it's possible someone might've installed the bulb a bit crooked, or if the reflector is somehow adjustable, or if the whole assembly simply needs to be replaced. any insight would be greatly appreciated, since I drive in an area with a large deer population.

Thanks.