1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air bag (suspension) for the rear

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Ranko Kohime, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Ranko Kohime

Ranko Kohime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I see that the previous gens had aftermarket options for full-strut-replacement airbags, but I haven't found anything but lowering kits for 4th gen, such as AirRex and D2 Racing, both of which are a bit pricier than I want to pay. And also the kits appear to be 4-wheel only, whereas I'm only after the rears. (Suspension help for towing)

The only other product I've come across is the Firestone Coil-Rite Air Spring kit, which is MUCH more reasonably priced, but I'm really not understanding how it functions. Anyone that has these, could you tell me how they do in compensating for loaded sag?

2. Michael Dionne

Michael Dionne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Firestone Coil-Rite Air Spring kit is a rear suspension helper kit so when I tow my bikes the rear of the Prius drops.. I just add a little air to raise it back up. Its a DYI install. I always like to use separate air lines to each back instead of splitting one line into two. It is a little tough but not bad folding the air bag and pushing in between the coils to get the bag on the inside of the coils..