1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air comes in break with c1344 code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Burhan, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Burhan

Burhan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Last year i got a code of c1344 (RL hydrolic malfunction) after that i replaced disk pads and bleed air from breaks and it was fixed for almost 1 year.

1 month ago that code comes again, i bleed air from break and again it was fixed for 1 month.

Now i am getting that code after every 1 or 2 days and i need to bleed air and remove code with techstream time to time.

One thing i have noticed that if car is turned off for more than 12 hours, then air comes in that RL break and i feel soft break (not hard). But if i continue to drive even for 2 days, no code appears.

Can anybody suggest me what is problem with that RL wheel?

Note: break oil is on its level and it is not reducing.

2. yi3o8

yi3o8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I know this is an old post. But if anyone has info on this code I’d appreciate it. It makes a loud knocking sound on the RL brake line when the pump goes off. You can also hear a hissing sound in the back above the gas tank where the lines go if anyone has any insight there

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hissing sound where the lines go can be bad news. Do you hear the sound with the brake pedal released, or only when applying the brakes?

I had an old truck where one rear brake line had rusted and split. The split was invisible and would only open under the highest pressures when the pedal was pushed hard, and then fluid shot out in a high-pressure jet. Took a while to find the leak because there was a spot of brake fluid but it was on the opposite frame rail clear on the other side of the truck.

If anything like that is suspected, don't get anywhere near it while trying to find it. You can set up a video camera and watch it remotely, drape rags over the line and look for wet spots after applying the brakes, etc.

A jet of high-pressure fluid like that can cause grievous injuries if it shoots through your skin.

Injection injuries: seemingly minor injuries with major consequences - PMC