1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air conditioner blowing warm, fuse ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dwolf, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Peter Fanelli

Peter Fanelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It is removable and I found a part number 443440 0720 on one on ebay, but I think that's a Denso part number not a Toyota number. I cannot find it on the online toyota parts sites. Seems the same part is also used in Mazda and Subaru vehicles.
    Although it can be removed it looks like it comes with the line from Toyota part number 8870647080, for around $160.00
    Looks like a difficult line to replace, might just buy the line and swap the switch.

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They should NOT lose any refrigerant, unless there is a leak. It is a sealed unit.
    If a system is low, there is a leak. Maybe a small one, but still leaking. They can be fun to find.

Peter Fanelli likes this.
  3. Peter Fanelli

Peter Fanelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ok well I tried bridging terminals 1 and 4 on the harness side of the pressure switch plug and lo and behold the code 23 went away leaving me with the 21 and the 43. Only problem is it's too cold for the a/c to start even on the coldest setting. Hopefully we'll get some sun on the weekend and I'll be able to confirm that it is working with those terminals bridged then I can work on a proper fix. Hmmm, just had a thought maybe selecting defrost will make the a/c operate regardless of the temperature, something else to try. All this time I've been thinking it was inverter related because the a/c stopped working the same day the inverter coolant pump failed causing large clouds of smoke.
    Oh well at least I know I'm on the right track.

4. DavidFreed

DavidFreed New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If the car was sitting in the sun all day, the dashboard could have absorbed enough heat to disrupt normal cooling for several hours. Get it into the shade for several hours, until the dashboard feels cool to the touch. Then get it out for a drive with the AC fan set on Max to get the residual heat pumped out. May cure your problem no charge. A former AC Contractor.

5. Roccobro

Roccobro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Peter, what was your outcome?

Justin