1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air conditioner only works on passenger side. How do I change it?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ellen Gregorio, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Ellen Gregorio

Ellen Gregorio New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a Prius limited 2019. It has 1700 miles on it. Today while driving it the air conditioner only blew cold air out of the passenger side and there was no air coming out of the driver side. I think it must be a switch or something very easy that I am missing but I can't find it in the book. Anyone know the answer to this?
    Thank you

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Guessing this is either a sticky or broken diverter door (electrically actuated, mechanical) or a blocked passage.

Have any mice in the area?

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Be sure the vent itself is open on the dash. See pic. Otherwise, the car has a "Smart Flow" climate control system which can restrict airflow to only seats that are occupied enabled by the ac top right button. Since the drivers's side was occupied, it should have flow. Low refrigerant can also cause this. So if the vent was not manually closed, its probably a dealer fix. Either way you should be in warranty.

51F65AF0-ABB0-407D-A9C1-F617E587AF8E.jpeg

#3 rjparker, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020