1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air conditioner refill kits. Be cautious

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Uberfast, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Uberfast

Uberfast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2014 Prius V. I went to Walmart and bought EZ Chill air conditioner refill kit. Comes with 134a and oils with uv die. I guess it's a pretty comprehensive kit for old cars. But when it comes to new hybrids be cautious.

What I did is I refilled my system with this kit. Overcharge the system. And almost damaged my air conditioning. The gauge on the refill kit was very misleading. I went off my own knowledge and didn't ask anybody first.

I'm putting this out there on the net. Follow the specs of your car and the advice of the trained.

I want to thank LECH TECH THE AC MAN. Luscious garage SF.

Attached Files:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah as Sam said, should have kept this in the original thread.

Does this mean you're sorted? Was it the wrong oil or AC fluid? What did they do at Luscious Garage?

3. Uberfast

Uberfast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yes sir all sorted period learned a great deal of knowledge.

It was the wrong oil. I should have used a quality gauge to see how much perss7 was in hi and low system. I do not own one.

LECH TRCH had a digital gauge

At luscious garage they depressurize the system. And refill the system with r134a.

I think I have the oil in the system from the e z chill can.

4. Apatel1101

Apatel1101 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One

Anyway you know if they did the flush or not? Or was it evacuate the freon, vaccuam then add nd-11 oil and refill with r134a.