1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air Fuel Ratio Sensor for 2015 PriusV.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lew Seto, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Lew Seto

Lew Seto New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can't find a replacement part for less than $300. Does anyone know of a replacement part number that is less expensive? I tried the Bosch 18071 but it gave me P0031 code (Heater Control Circuit Low B1S1).

2. Lew Seto

Lew Seto New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    ok, I found several that claim to be replacements for the OEM Toyota 89467-52060. These are the replacement part numbers that I found: Denso 234-9112, Densoo 234-9090. Funny that the Bosch sensor that didn't work 18071 disappeared from the CarID website where it was recommended as a sub. But it is still in the Autozone website as a direct replacement. It looks the same, the connector fits, and wire color code looks the same, but it gave me P0031 code (Heater Control Circuit Low B1S1).

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    The Oxygen O2 sensor(s) (aka lambda sensor) is often heated.

The Mass Air Flow sensor sends a signal to the ECU how much air is flowing into the intake. The O2 sensor(s) sends info to the ECU about how that oxygen and the fuel is being burned in the combustion process. Those signals and the accelerator rate and positioning information are used multiple times a second to compute how much gas to squirt into the intake.

In some configurations, there is a pre and post cat O2 sensor. The front one is used to sense the combustion state, the rear mostly to assure that the cat does its job. And most codes re the O2 sensors are very specific about which sensor is causing the fault. Heating failures can be a connection or a wiring fault or sensor failure. Do not use solder on the circuit and only use factory crimped ones.

These O2 sensors are easily replaced at any muffler shop at less than dealer prices. Should take less than 15 minutes.

Might you have multiple failures? The O2 sensors fail much more often than the MAFs.

Sorry, no x-ref knowledge for the Prius.

#3 mikefocke, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    How many miles on it? Taxi? Burning oil? Just puzzling how a 2015 would be having such problems.

5. Lew Seto

Lew Seto New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The Air/Fuel Ratio sensor on my Prius V takes 2-3 hours to replace. I had to remove the windshield wipers and the lower windshield cover and metal tray under that to access the sensor. I had to return the Bosch sensor that I bought on Amazon because one dimension of the connector was off by 0.025" and would not insert all the way into the mating connector. Very hard to see back there and I thought it was in all the way when I heard a click. I had to perform this 2-3 hour job again to find the problem with the connector and put back the original sensor. Actually now I believe that the sensor is ok and I probably have a bad cat. My OBDII reading for Cat Temp 11 ( B1S1) temperature is about 100 degrees higher than the Cat Temp 12 (B1S2) temperature. For a good cat the B1S2 temperature should be about 100 degree higher than the B1S1 temperature. So, Has anyone replaced the catalytic converter on a Prius V?