1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Airbag light and Vehicle slip indicator turned on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Varuna Dhananjaya, May 6, 2017.

1. Varuna Dhananjaya

Varuna Dhananjaya New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I got the problem with my horn and repaired it. I removed the airbag connector to remove the steering wheel and plugged the airbag connector correctly. but now I see the Airbag light and Vehicle slip indicator turned on. after that, i removed the 12V battery and plugged it back. but the issue was there still. after reconnecting the battery apart from the Airbag and Slip indicator, I am getting ABS light and (yellow ) parking brake warning light.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    sounds like something is messed up inside the steering wheel.

#2 bisco, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. Dyjital

Dyjital Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Airbag isn't reset like a CEL, requires a different reset than a battery cycle. You had the car on when the airbag was unplugged and that's why this happened. Take it to a shop and have it reset.

Varuna Dhananjaya likes this.
  4. Varuna Dhananjaya

Varuna Dhananjaya New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yes I turned on the car while airbag is unplugged

5. Dyjital

Dyjital Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks for that confirmation, you will need to have a shop reset the code because of that. Sorry that it will cost some shop time to have it done, no way around it that I know of. Some vehicles you can clear ABS and AirBag codes via jumping pins in the OBDII port. I'm not sure I'd attempt that or give directions to do that on the internet in a Prius with it's extensive electronics and sensitivity to those things.