1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aisin Coolant

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by eluo, Aug 5, 2018.

1. eluo

eluo Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Just drained and filled the engine coolant on my 07 w/175k miles for the first time. Thanks to @jreed for his video here. It made the process easy. But I'm not here to talk about the procedure. I'm here to let people know that AISIN makes coolant that looks exactly like Toyota's SLLC. I think they are identical. AISIN's bottle also shows "OEM Engineered Formula".

Side-by-side comparison.
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 11.24.44 PM.png
    RockAuto, my goto place for parts, carries AISIN coolant. But no one likes to pay for shipping if you don't have to.... and now you don't have to. You can get them from Jet.com (a Walmart company) with free shipping for orders over $35.

If looking for stuff to add to cart for free shipping, consider buying motor oil or AISIN ATF-0WS from Jet. I think their ATF is also identical to Toyota's ATF-WS. I couldn't tell it apart by color or odor.

Coolant
    Current price < $14
    https://jet.com/search?term=Aisin-ACT-002

ATF
    Current price < $6
    https://jet.com/search?term=Aisin%20ATF-0WS

Stimp, edthefox5, johnjohnchu and 2 others like this.
  2. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Always good to have alternatives. (y)

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep I bet its all rebranded Aisin. Nothing special about WS its just Dex6 viscosity. Nothing special about there coolant either.

Toyota like most car manufacturers is not in the oil manufacturing business. They are in the bottle rebranding sticker business and add 40% though.

Last time I bought OEM coolant from the dealer it was $21.

I like my 100% Synthetic D6 atf from Redline though.

Good post thank you.