1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

al-Zarqawi Terminated!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Can you believe Rumsfeld? He commented that, arguably, over the last few years no one had as much innocent blood on his hands than el-Zarqawi...........no one, that is, except Rumsfeld.

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Jun 8 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]267952[/snapback]</div>
    That's for damn sure. I pity the fool (I love Mr. T!) who gets their information solely from the big media.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jun 8 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]267954[/snapback]</div>
    I would like to copy a previous post of mine...

I would advise all to remember that the bad guys are looking to make or create another Mi Lai (spelling) knowing that their only way to win is via the American Press and a loss of public support in the US. Witness several attempts at creating such events that were dismissed and odds favor something similar in Haditha. These guys need to create some raw meat for our Anti-American Anti-Military press to grab onto -- like Abu Graib, which was bad but did not involve more than a few bad apples who were TRIED AND PUNISHED. Interesting how "INNOCENT CIVILIANS" are being mentioned here ALREADY with Zarqawi's elimination (too painless IMHO)in the press and by the left -- how many INNOCENT people would be hanging with ZARQAWI anyhow?? Everyone knew him, knew the price tag on his head, knew he was a PRIME target - so my thoughts are anyone and everyone within a 500lb BOMBS BLAST RADIUS were not innocent.

I am sick and tired of people blaming American forces for innocent civilian life loss when we mourn each and every innocent killed and do our best even at the risk of exposing our men to increased dangers to prevent such - while the bad guys celebrate at each suicide car bomb that kills innocents or mosque they destroy - its crazy thinking we are the bad guys here -- knowing that the real bad guys thrive on innocents losing their lives and making the front page of the NY Times and WA Post.

Thanks for blaming Rumsfeld for innocent deaths over there. Its not like Saddam did not do more than his fair share - and where were you then - or you would rather blame one of our guys?

4. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Nice, Now the ACLU has filed a grievance on the part of Zarqawi's family stating that he was not given proper notice of the impending bombing. The type of bomb, they claim, was inhumane and violated international law.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    While Zaq's death will prove a boost to the American soldiers and the efforts over there, I think there is one piece that is being overlooked. We were notified of his whereabouts by Iraqi informants in the same way that we learned of Suddam's whereabouts and the location of his two kids.

What I'm saying is this: when a community has had enough, they step up and act. Here in the states, we have Community Watch programs. In Iraq, the citizens who want all this to end provide information to ensure that the bad guys die.

Did that make sense?

6. stevedegraw

stevedegraw Member

Lots of positive news ! Very cool, however, a long way still to go.

Now let's go back to the original goal. Let's get Bin Laden.

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Quite telling; the silence from our ultra liberal contingent . . .

The US soldiers receive the biggest moral boost since the capture of Saddam, and the ultra libs are stunned silent.

Another fine example of how they go about supporting our troops. :rolleyes:

8. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 8 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]268021[/snapback]</div>
    They are too busy hand-wringing about actually even having a military presence in the world to comment as of yet. ;)

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The far lefties need not despair there is good news for them today also. The stock market started out down a 100+ points. There that should make them feel better. <_<

Wildkow

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Jun 8 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]268026[/snapback]</div>
    Or, maybe they are waiting for word to filter down their propaganda chain of command . . . which, by the looks of things, may have been tied into al Qaeda in Iraq . . . since they both seem to be concurrently experiencing the same convulsions. :huh:

Where are the conspiracy theorists when you need them? :p
    Hmmmm, a conspiracy in and amongst itself? :eek:

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 8 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]268021[/snapback]</div>
    Very observant. Their silence reinforces our inability to trust them with our nation's security. They sure are quick, like jumpin jihad jack murtha to castigate our troops aren't they - but when are armed forces score such a big and clear victory that the rest of the entire world (including the arab world) celebrates, their silence is not just deafening it is DAMNING.

12. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 8 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]268021[/snapback]</div>

I just starting reading this thread....you know me...the one IN the military AND a liberal.....

This is excellent news!!!!!! Some ministry posts have been named today or yesterday. Fantastic news! A good day in Iraq.

13. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 8 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]268007[/snapback]</div>
    Call me cynical, but I suspect that some money changed hands here :)

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 8 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]268072[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, I thought you were going to make some claim that it wasn't really al-Zarqawi, but someone who resembles him closely, staged by the Bush administration in order to eclipse the recent ugliness with the Marines, the same sex marriage disappointment, and being as it's election season...

15. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 8 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]268072[/snapback]</div>
    pssst. . . it wasn't money we tortured the poor devils by photographing them in their birthday suits. Wonder when the lib's are going to trot that question/accusation out? :angry: ;)

Wildkow

p.s. BTW the 72 Islamic terrorist per virgin was hilarious. :lol:

p.p.s Some Money? try 25,000,000 buckeroo's matey! Wish it was me that had dropped the dime on him.

p.p.p.s Scratch that last comment, wish it had been me that dropped the two 500 lbs bombs on him. :lol:

16. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Jun 8 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]267859[/snapback]</div>

"Caldwell said Air Force F-16s dropped the bombs on the house, killing five other people, including a key lieutenant, Sheik Abd-al-Rahman, and a woman and child. "

You called it! The "dwelling" part might come in a bit though...

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Jun 8 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]267954[/snapback]</div>
    Your having a bad day aren't you Bob? :(

Wildkow :lol:

18. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]268108[/snapback]</div>
    By tonight or tomorrow am at the latest someone will be on NPR carrying on about collateral damage and/or the al-zaragoui death will only inflame the situation. It happens every time.

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Trust me guys. I would argue a more liberal stance on most topics until blue in the face. I think the main reason most of the people you call, let me scroll to make sure I get this right, "far lefties" haven't posted much on this thread is that Zaq's death doesn't really have much to do with politics. Yeah, we shouldn't be occupying Iraq, George Sr. said so in his book written before we invaded. We should be spending more time and money making sure OSB is deader than Zaq. We should worry more about what's going on in our own backyards and stop sticking our noses all over the world. But that's not what whis thread is about. I know you're trying to make it out as such, but it's not. This thread is about the death of a very dangerous person; I think we all agree on that regardless of our political affiliation or personal preferences. I for one will not jump on the tables and dance a jig over anyone's death, friend or foe. I will simply acknowledge that the man is dead, that this is great news for the war in Iraq, and hope that he rots in Hell. But I will not celebrate.

20. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 9 2006, 12:53 AM) [snapback]268000[/snapback]</div>

Saddam was a bad guy, for sure. So are lot's of other dictators (many of whom were either put in power or retained power via US assistance). The issue here isn't "bad boys and good boys"...my issue, anyway, is that WE started this invasion of Iraq. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and evidence suggests that Bush, Inc. knew that. Bush and Rumsfeld were planning this war before 9/11 for reasons no one in the administration is saying, leaving us to conjecture, conspiriacy theories, etc. etc. So, I get back to my original statement: Rumsfeld is an architect of an unjust war on an innocent people. The death toll (US and Iraqi) in Iraq following that invasion can be laid squarely at his feet. In another time and under different circumstances, this administration would be tried as war criminals. The fact that they are OUR leaders blinds many in this country to what this Iraq war looks like to those who aren't wearing red white and blue goggles. I'm not blaming our soldiers, I'm blaming the incompetents at the top who sent them there, ill-prepared and undermanned, and now seek to scapegoat them to cover their egregious miscalculations.