1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

album art

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GREEN BAE, Jul 4, 2016.

1. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    my manual is telling me album art is possible from my USB drive, but I'm not seeing it. any suggestions? using Windows media player to condense mp3 files. all artwork showed on my Prius C 3. will be very disappointed if my new gen 4 two won't accommodate.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Do your MP3 files have embedded art? Some systems use Gracenote databases for artwork , some read embedded files. Some do both.
    FWIW, Windows Media is a poor software for this sort of thing.

3. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I thought the art was embedded. I did think media player was not the best choice. What do you use and have you had success?

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    For ripping CDs, dBpoweramp is the ticket. It pulls artwork and tags from an online database. If you have more than a few discs to process, its worth the cost.

5. PriUncut

PriUncut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My artwork shows up fine on music from USB thumb drive. The artwork is embedded. Here's how I did it.

Now, I'm using iTunes (on a Mac) - so your milage may vary. But went to Music---> iTunes---> iTunes Music---> [then dragged over the artist folders to the USB drive]. Easy. All my artwork is already imbedded through iTunes, and it all shows up on the screen.

Hope that helps.

6. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    thank you both for the advise. will experiment tonight. just seems odd that it worked fine in my Prius C and now it doesn't.

7. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    so all the talk of embedding reminded me of a program I used awhile back, media monkey . tried that and it worked. now I just have to finish turning all my cd's into mp3's. I'll probably go ape before I'm done. Lol

8. Such_a_cool_Prius

Such_a_cool_Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was experimenting with Album art on my Prius gen 3 and I found out that it is pretty picky when it comes to an image embeded into mp3 file as album art - it has to be square and not so high resolution (not big size). I usually replace album art with an image sized 600x600 or up to 700x700 pixels and afterwards album art is displayed...

9. Roger1045

Roger1045 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In the 2018 Prius Prime Advanced Plugin the album art for USB will not display at all if Gracenote for USB is Set to ON but a still photo which seems to be dependent on what brand of USB Flash drive you are using ( Headphones for SanDisk ) is displayed. When set to off it will then only display album art if the emergency brake is on. I guess the reason is you are not supposed to look at it if you are driving. However the Song Title and other Information are displayed while driving as well as 100 other things on the big screen and they are even more difficult to see while driving so I do not understand the logic of not allowing album art. Other cars I have owned display album art all the time. Reprogram the Prius for album art display please!