1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alignment question - 2021 XLE AWD

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dave deBronkart, Jun 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Dave deBronkart

Dave deBronkart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I'm aware that alignments are oversold and I may not have needed one, but I got one at 24,000 miles. The dealer could not give me a coherent answer on why the right rear number did not change, before and after (circled). They said it’s not a problem and there’s nothing that can be done about it because it changes as you drive.

Is that true?? If so, why would the value even be included on a report?
    [​IMG]

2. Dave deBronkart

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
  3. Dave deBronkart

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Did I do something wrong? Is there some primer I should have read, before posting here? I've seen the many threads on alignment but none I found seems to address this question of why right rear would be unchanged and whether they were absurd in saying "there's nothing you can do about it"

4. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    If there was nothing they could do about it, then they wouldn't have been able to do anything about the left side either. But they did. I would go to another alignment shop if possible.

Edit: Keep in mind though: The specs for alignment are always a range. As long as the shop can get it into that range, its acceptable. And it will never be perfect. Unless the car is eating tires unevenly, or it doesn't track straight, or you changed up the suspension, there is no real reason to get an alignment done.

#4 CooCooCaChoo, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Dave deBronkart likes this.
  5. Dave deBronkart

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks much for the reply! Appreciated.

Right - that's one of the two things that doesn't make sense to me about the printout they gave me: the red says they did NOT get it into range. And, as you say, the other tires all improved.

Gotta figure out how to get my money back from these guys.

6. BellevilleMXZ

BellevilleMXZ Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Technology AWD-e
    Thats off quite a ways .....I'd go back and raise hell