1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ALL BlueTooth Cell phones that work in the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by m6scott, Oct 8, 2005.

1. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

OK the samsung 920 is working good with the Prius . Did you know if you are listening to a CD and you make a call the CD will pause very cool. Also when an email comes in on ph the bluetooth picks it up for a second weird....

2. Infidel

Infidel New Member

This is the info I'm looking for... I just spent an hour in the Verizon store while some salesman tried to sell me various bluetooth phones that MIGHT work with the Prius system. They have some compatibility chart for vehicles, but personal experience is always better. Those Verizon places make my eyes glaze over after about 20 minutes of trying to understand discounts, rebates, mods to calling plans, mixed w/ phone tech features. I'm convinced a visit to the dentist would be more enjoyable!!

They did not have that particular phone (Samsung 920) as I recall. The front runners seemed to be the Motorola RAZR V3C, the LG VX-8100, and maybe the Motorola E815. The others seemed to clunky or too expensive. Does anybody have any positive experience with these three??? Any info would be most helpful.

Cheers,

Infidel

3. Mailman1

Mailman1 New Member

Greatings from Mailman1

I've just officially joined Priuschat today, but have been here learning all that I can about this great automobile since October 05. I ordered mine in November. Salesman says "soon" :blink:
    I have been following this thread closely trying to find which bluetooth phone I should get. My service provider is Alltel. Does any one have any suggestions?

4. Dripps

Dripps New Member

I've no problems at all with bluetooth connectivity on Verizon's Razr. I didn't do the phonebook transfer (rumor has it the only way to accomplish this is one at a time) because I was able to put my phonebook into the Prius with my Treo 650. That phone (treo 650) is definately unreliable for me. Disconnects after 30 seconds (approximately).

5. lindac

lindac Junior Member

I have the Cingular Motorola Razr and it works great. I entered everything into the address book manually. I have to work more on the voice dialing. Now I voice dial with the Razr and when the call goes through the radio mutes and the phones connected to my Prius.

6. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

The Samsung 920 is thru Sprint but I think verizon has the same phone ,I believe its the same as the 940 but in verizon not sure. I would like to use the voice dialing thru the prius but not sure how to but Iwill play with it and let you Know.

7. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

I have the LG VX8100 and it works great...I'm with Verizon so no phone book xfer but I just programmed all my numbers I needed.

I love how it's so automatic. While on the phone I get in the Prius, power up the car and in a couple of seconds I'm talking/driving hands free!

WHEN YOU LEAVE the car, it will xfer back to your phone automatically but after several seconds (this is just inherent of all BT phones, it's still trying to find the BT signal for a little bit).....so I just hit the "Transfer Call" button on the MFD (about the middle right side) and it xfers over instantly.

All in all, it's fantastic with the Prius. Voice dialing, digit dialing, sound quality, signal strength and battery bar all work great.

The digit dialing is what impressed me the most. I can say the number pretty fast and the Prius handles it great.

Just my 2 cents worth for sharing.

Aaron

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I just bought an '06 Prius today. I attempted to connect my mpx220, but after several attempts, each time it failed to connect. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mike

9. evaw

evaw New Member

"They did not have that particular phone (Samsung 920) as I recall. The front runners seemed to be the Motorola RAZR V3C, the LG VX-8100, and maybe the Motorola E815. "

The Motorola RAZR is actually not totally compatible with the Prius. I have been on the phone with Motorola about this because the call waiting doesn't work. When you're talking on the phone and another call comes in both calls are dropped after 4 rings. You can imagine how frustrating this is when you're talking on the phone to a client and another call comes in and you get cut off.

Motorola didn't seem to care and told me that the RAZR isn't compatible with the Prius bluetooth, and they're not planning to do anything about it. SO I wouldn't be getting the RAZR if I had the choice.

10. MyPria

MyPria New Member

I have the V710 Motorola and it works great. My spouse also has one. It is really cool because we can designate which phone the bluetooth will go to on the setup screen ( our BMW is a pain because we have to turn off one phone to let bluetooth pick up the other). We can answer all calls just by pressing the steering wheel phone icon. We dial by voice command. Totally hands free. How cool. I love my Priatoo.

11. Tonyp

Tonyp New Member

I have tried the Sony Erricsson K750i, it pairs OK. However I have had problems keeping the BT connection operating, after 3 to 10mins the phone will disconnect from the car. While itsoperating the phone works OK. Only way to reconnect is to restart the car. Couln't get voice command to work either.

SE 750i Phone book transfer is good. Noted that the Prius must be 1st item in phones BT device list or it will not find the Prius when transfering phone book. (I had my laptop as 1st item.) Sent phone back to SE, (it was 35d old) they upgraded the software and same thing, still dropped out. Returned it again to them and havn't got it back yet. I doubt they will care.

Phone shop loaned be Motorolla BT phone V600 while SE750i was being repaired, it worked flawlessly (except phonebook transfer, one at a time). 1st time I had a Motorolla phone, I was impressed with it.

I need a good BT phone for work and not expecting anything from SE, so after some looking around I bought the new Samsung SGH-D600. BT is fine with Prius. Found that if phone is turned off while connected to Prius, it will not reconnect until Prius is restarted, so far there's been no problems at all.

I dont think the phonebook transfers all at once, but as the K750i can do this I have that method available to me.

12. AzizaVFR

AzizaVFR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I purchased the Motorola E815 about two weeks ago since I was able to get it for a very good price (Verizon employee discount). It works quite well with the Prius as far as automatically connected via bluetooth with ten seconds of starting the car.

The only thing it does not do is transfer the phonebook to the car. I have unlocked all the OBEX/bluetooth/DUN/file transfer features normally turned off with this model. Even with these new changes it does not transfer the phonebook. To me, it is not a show stopper.

13. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got the TREO 700w last week. And it paired up with the car, once I changed the code. It does not auto answer, like my Motorola phone did (but the radio does go silent, and the screen does show up), nor does it show the signal strength on the display...the phone book that I loaded with the Motorola still works, however, while the car will accept a beam of a contact from the Treo (gets the name correctly), the number shows up as ||||||| and won't call that, of course.

I can easily switch back to the Motorola phone, so adding phone numbers is not that hard. I do miss the auto answer feature. Oh, and I can surf the web, (which is on the phone), while talking to someone. At least I think I did that. I was sitting in a parking space waiting for my brother, surfing the web (part of my Verizon service), and a call came in, and I was able to keep surfing while I talked on the phone.

Now, there is this one thing I noticed. When I use the Bluetooth ear adaptor, you know, when out of the car, switch that off, and then start the car, I have (once) had to do a 'soft' re-boot to the TREO for the PRIUS to sync with the phone.

14. prius-yes-dubya-no

prius-yes-dubya-no New Member

I use a Siemens SX66 Pocket PC and it works fine in my 2006 Prius as does my wife's Motorola V551.

15. ThePackage

ThePackage New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please add the Verizon XV6700 PC Phone. Works like a charm with my '06 (package 5). Does anyone know how to adjust the talk volume using the touch screen? I found the speaker volume control but not the talk volume control.

16. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also have the LG VX8100 which works great --- but I cannot get it to program in the numbers. Would you please describe how you did it.

Thanks.

Ted

quote=XLR8,Jan 29 2006, 08:46 AM]
    I have the LG VX8100 and it works great...I'm with Verizon so no phone book xfer but I just programmed all my numbers I needed.

I love how it's so automatic. While on the phone I get in the Prius, power up the car and in a couple of seconds I'm talking/driving hands free!

WHEN YOU LEAVE the car, it will xfer back to your phone automatically but after several seconds (this is just inherent of all BT phones, it's still trying to find the BT signal for a little bit).....so I just hit the "Transfer Call" button on the MFD (about the middle right side) and it xfers over instantly.

All in all, it's fantastic with the Prius. Voice dialing, digit dialing, sound quality, signal strength and battery bar all work great.

The digit dialing is what impressed me the most. I can say the number pretty fast and the Prius handles it great.

Just my 2 cents worth for sharing.

Aaron
    [snapback]199899[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

17. Gen2

Gen2 Member

I have bonded both my Motorola SLVR L7 V8 and my wife's Motorola RAZR V3 (original model) (Both Cingular) at the same time and they work great. Now issues setting it up without reading the manual and call quality is excellent (you do have to select which phone the Prius will use, but its easy to switch once they are both bonded to the car). The only thing I have not figured out yet is how to transfer the whole phonebook at once (one at a time works but that's just so 20th century :) ).

18. vitielj

vitielj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThePackage @ Mar 17 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]225822[/snapback]</div>

Sprint PPC6700 also works great...I also have not found a way to raise the mike's volume level.

19. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrv @ Oct 9 2005, 01:46 PM) [snapback]138702[/snapback]</div>
    Awesome information!!
    Thanks!

20. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    While I haven't loaded numbers in the phone book yet, my new Motorola L2 works with my '06. :)