1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All Good Things Must Come to An End

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, May 1, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Even if we grant Malorn's assertion that the Avalon is a disaster, one bad car does not spell the end of Toyota quality. Only the future will tell whether Toyota learns from its mistake, corrects it, and moves on with its usual superior value and quality; or whether it has dedcided to do a 180-degree turn-around in its entire corporate philosophy and follow GM's and Ford's examples of making profit by cutting corners and showing contempt for their customers, selling shoddy, over-priced cars and sacrificing customer loyalty on the alter of high mark-ups.

My guess is they won't. But for the time being, I'll avoid cars made in the USA.

You know, I'd really rather buy a car made in the USA. But if domestic makers want me to be patriotic and buy USA products, they've got to be patriotic also and make products that are not garbage.

When I buy a Japanese-made car, I'm sending a few thousand dollars (24 in the case of my Prius) overseas. But when an American manufacturer builds cars that are junk, it is destroying the reputation of our entire country all over the world. Which is more unpatriotic? GM and Ford, that's who!