1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All idiot lights on

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ed08724, Jun 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ed08724

ed08724 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I hit a deer a month a go and got a lot of front end damage.
    Just got my 2014 Prius back but all of the dashboard lights are on.
    Shop said to see if they reset over the weekend and bring it back if they don't.
    They didn't.

Googling the issue seems to say that I need techstream.
    Not sure if thats the case and why a major body shop wouldn't have that.

I see many different techstream options on Amazon but not sure what I need.
    They have complete units, cables for PC or bluetooth for phone.

Not sure what I have to do if I bought one and if I am capable of doing it.
    Meaning do I just press a reset feature or do I need to calibrate or adjust a bunch of stuff.

Anyone had this issue and found a specific solution that was able to fix it?

I could take car back but not sure how they would fix it if they don't have the right equipment and the price for these on Amazon are cheaper than an uber trip back and forth to the shop.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Simply disconnecting the 12v battery in the back for a few minutes will reset it temporarily. Does not mean the problem won't immediately or won't soon come back. If you or your insurance paid for a repair, you should take it back. There are other scanners that will pick up codes. You are about 90% likely to need more repairs.

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It is the case, and body shops are supposed to have it, or make arrangements with a shop that does: see Toyota’s Collision Repair Information Bulletin 2016-191, “Scanning for Electrical System Faults.
    Once you have a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system—that is, a PC with Microsoft Windows, a vehicle interface module and its software, and the Techstream software from Toyota—then you’d use its Health Check feature to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) stored in the car’s computers.

Every DTC is described in the Repair Manual (more info), which provides step-by-step troubleshooting procedures. Even if you don’t attempt any troubleshooting or repair yourself, knowing what’s wrong and the range of possible causes could help you make an informed decision about how to proceed.
    Because of the way the car’s computers are interconnected, many different problems will cause several warning lights to come on at once. Until we know what DTCs have been stored, it’s impossible to say whether your issue is the same as anyone else’s, or how to correct it.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Call your insurance company.