1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All kinds of fun stuff.

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Joey G, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Joey G

Joey G Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    200k on her.
    Check hybrid system is an active thing. Work in progress...got a bt device that works now and that'll get fixed.
    Ticking engine. I've got the timing chain cover off and parts ordered. It really seems as if the tensioner itself failed,but I'm replacing the chain too. I'll compare it with new to see if it is stretched.
    Door locks one was working so I took out the motor and put that into the drivers door. Well, I didn't check if the key would get me in the car and I had pulled the white wire from the fuse box under hood. Closed/locked her up. Next time I tried getting in the car...nope I didn't hook the key operation apparently. So I had to break in via the hood, plug white wire in so I could use the keyfob to get in.
    Well that was my couple days off. Now here I am back at work.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bisco likes this.
  2. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So hopefully your just doing this to have a 2nd car?

3. Joey G

Joey G Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Yes, pretty much. I'm driving the wife's SSR and xB while rebuilding my truck engine too. I was expecting this to be trouble free like the test drive. My expectations were unrealistic. I was basing them on the 2010 prius that never had any issue and 120k when I traded it so the wife could get the xB. I'll get everything fixed, just venting here i suppose. Happy new year!

dubit likes this.
  4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting, I traded in my xB (2010) for my first Prius (2012)! Now on my 3rd and 4th Prius to keep for a while

Hope the next time you post is good news on the "c" !

5. Joey G

Joey G Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, appreciate it. Well the lock motors showed up yesterday, so that's a win, lol.

6. Joey G

Joey G Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    All locks are now operational...and for $26.00 and a little time.
    I replaced the timing chain... sounds the exact same. Rattling/tapping away. That was a lot of work for it to be for not.
    Do these fuel systems retain pressure on the fuel rail? I had close to none when I disconnected the fuel rail connector. Leaning to injectors if they are supposed to stay pressurized/primed.
    Lifters and or cams? Lobes looked fine too tho.
    Thanks guys and gals