1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All my warning lights come on occasionally

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Verylargeboots, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Verylargeboots

Verylargeboots New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hey yall, first time poster, long time lurker. I have a 2008 Prius touring with 171,000 miles on it. Yesterday, I had a check engine light come on, so I went down to Advance Auto, borrowed a code reader, and pulled the code. Told me it was a #4 cylinder misfire. I pulled all four spark plugs, which were not iridium, and replaced all four. CEL went away. Then, I get in the car today, and all my warning lights go on, and the car won't start. I turned it off, then back on, and the car started, and I went on my merry way. What is this a precursor to, and how do I fix it?
    Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    you might need a prius code reader, but you might as well check the 12v battery first.

Raytheeagle and Patrick Wong like this.
  3. Verylargeboots

Verylargeboots New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What might I be checking the 12v for, and what is the difference between a prius code reader, and a universal one? Thanks for the quick reply by the way! :)

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    voltage, after the car has been off for a few hours, the, with a load tester.
    generic readers can miss some hybrid codes.

Ajourney101 and valde3 like this.