1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All-New Honda Freed Seats Eight and is Shorter than a Civic

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by onlynark, May 31, 2008.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    268hp ;)

Err... and if you had luggage, that luggage will crush you. No thanks, I'd rather use the bumpers and then the hatch and then if it's really bad, direct the force to the sides of the car.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But most minivans, SUVs and station wagons with a third row of seats do have that third row pressed against the rear door. Still doesn't make it safe though. I too have always wondered why anyone would want to sit in a crumple zone.

3. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In all seriousness, if people could take function before fashion ... you know how when the police train, they have the "bumper cars" rails around their cars? If the public would allow this function before fashion, we could extend a crumple-zone bumper/cage out three feet in the back of the car for all of these small cars that everyone is producing these days. It would make perfect sense and be very efficient.

Maybe the Mazda-5 and Honda Freed have "race-car style "cage" technology around the rear passengers, like the Smart Car implements. It's a possibility. I would still like to see a crumple zone though. Race cars have cages, but they still have crumple zones.

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    From the picture, the third row seat doesn't look very comfy. Probably not very good for long rides. Definitely not for big American butts.

But that panoramic sunroof is pretty spectacular!

Can't wait til the hybrid minivan arrives in the US...