1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All Seasons that are good in the rain?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Higgins909, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've decided to keep my 2010 Prius, now with 178k (think that's right) on it. Perhaps for a few more years or about 200k miles on the odometer. In that time, I would like to get new tires and an alignment. I'm going to stick with the stock size. I've never had quality tires. Just tires you've never heard of before. (RIP Honda) Every time I drive in the rain, I feel like there is a high chance of being in a accident... The last 2 weeks it's been raining slightly and it even snowed one day. (The snow dried up, but it kinda felt like I had more grip then when it's dry out) It can be hard to merge into traffic because of how slow the Prius is... But in the wet it's even harder... Heck, accelerating from a stop sign casually, I can break a wheel loose. There have also been a few instances where I plan to turn at a intersection and just about blow through the intersection with ABS going off... I know one for sure was a slow stop with regen braking.

I've looked over at tirerack and went to their ultra-high and high performance all seasons. Then Iooked at some of their Grand Touring all seasons and they're apparently better TR track rating? I was kind of looking at GoodYear Eagle Sport V rated 560 A A tires. As there were reasonably prices "High Performance All-Season" tires. Some reviews say they're loud, other don't. Some mention a foam in the tire, but the tire description does not mention anything about that. Some say good in the wet, others do not... Some say rock hard ride, other say luxury. Then looking at the TireRack track test thing, they're not that great in the rain?

I don't know what to go off of... I thought I could rely on TireRack's track testing... Tread life doesn't matter too much. I just need to get about 22k out of them. But was wanting to spend about $100~ per tire.

2. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    i've put 110k on 2 sets of bridgestone ecopias. I've been happy with their performance. I live in Indiana so we get our share of snow and I've never thought my prius was unfit for snow driving. I do a commute on the interstate too and in the rain i feel confident in the cars control. just my thought

Higgins909 likes this.