1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All State window tint $399

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by dangarlepp, Apr 8, 2012.

1. dangarlepp

dangarlepp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    All State window tint $399

Did anyone buy a C with this tint already installed from the factory.
    Is it real dark in the back windows. I live in Florida and want really dark tint from factory.
    Thanks

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    AFAIK, there is no such thing as true factory tint (too many local variables). It is applied by the dealer or at the port. I got mine installed by the same shop for $125 that does all the local nissan/ford dealer orders who charges buyers $299.

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    $399 for tint?! that's outrageous..

and no.. the factory doesn't install tint.. as mentioned.. it's a dealership option... and pretty much they always mark up the price.

you shouldn't spend more than $150.. maybe $175 max.. anything more than that is a ripoff.

4. dangarlepp

dangarlepp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No kidding, huh, I thought it was made in the glass at the factory.
    In that case I know a place that does the whole car for $150.

5. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It depends on the film used. I paid $500 for Huper Optik ceramic film. The clear bra installer I use charges $600+ for their in-house Diamond Cut IR film.

MB860 ?

6. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    for some cars, it's in the glass.. it's not for this car though.

7. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My "Build your Toyota" website page for a Texas zipcode quotes $319 for as an accessory upgrade.

8. PreciousPups4U

PreciousPups4U New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Mine came with the "all state legal window tint". It was installed at Port based on the sticker on the glass. It also states 42%. Not sure how that compares. It looks similar to the tint I had installed on the Yaris, but I do not know the percentage as it is not on the sticker. States vary on what is allowed so to make it legal everywhere I assume it is the lightest. It is dark enough for me though and looks great with the red paint.

Found this website on a state by state basis - Auto Window Tint Laws | TintCenter Window Tinting

There is a picture of my car as my avatar. The tint does look a little darker in the picture than it actually is. Hope this helps.

9. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I put huper optik drei tint and paid 599. Ridiculously effective and after baking at the beach parking lot all day I got in to a cool car all because of tint that reduces heat like no other. OEM doesn't perform like this but costs 399 at the dealership, that's why I took the DREI plunge

10. ldpinkberry21

ldpinkberry21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

I am in FL as well and I had the tint installed from the factory. I did not want it but the dealer did not seem to have any non-tinted Prius C's at the time. I Can take a picture of it tomorrow and you can see if it is dark enough for you.

11. dangarlepp

dangarlepp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, a picture would be great, thanks.

12. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    My avatar is port installed 3M tint. Not sure on the %. Probably 35%.

13. ldpinkberry21

ldpinkberry21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

I am not sure I am doing this right - but I believe I attached the photos. I apologize for the late response I have had a hectic day and if the photos are not 100% clear let me know I will try again but unfortunately my assigned parking spot at work is under a tree :S

Attached Files:

14. dangarlepp

dangarlepp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hey, thanks, that looks great.

15. mitch23

mitch23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    i just paid $140 for a great tint job...it looks great. dark grey windows and the dark grey C. i like it a lot.

16. ldpinkberry21

ldpinkberry21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

A friend of mine wants to get the Prius C as well but she is willing to wait for the dealer nearest us to have Priuses that do not have tinted windows. She believes I was ripped off by paying the $399 for the all-state window tint. But my question is, if she gets the windows tinted somewhere else, will that affect any warranties?

17. ianblake

ianblake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    WOW all does prices i just paid $69.99 lifetime warranty / 35% tint

18. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    actually I suppose I'll have to retract my statement.. though I wouldn't have any dealership tint option as they are always going to mark up the prices..

there is a clear distinction that higher quality tint film does indeed cost a lot more. you can get tints done cheaply with cheaper film material.. but I just got quoted about $400 for FormulaOne Pinnacle for 5 windows.. and this was coming from a close friend who's been in the tinting business for a while.

he used to use Suntek which is on the cheaper side and it would've cost about $100-140 instead.. so yeah.. prices do depend on what material the tint is.. best to research and know what you're getting... and afaik, Suntek has the CXP which is probably one of the best films before you get into the much more expensive high end tint films.

19. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you want it to look dark and don't care for heat reduction, go cheap. If you think that by going dark you will actually be cooling the car off, research film composition. My DREI tint from huper optik is not dark at all, in fact it looks gold due to its makeup, but let me tell you we haven't even had 110+ days yet and three hours in the sun at 90+ and the wife's factory tinted Camry was uncomfortably hot while the C was cool getting inside. I may have been justifying the cost to the wife but in terms of MPG for the C, the less you have to spend in consumption to power the air conditioner the more savings you see long term. Cost therein becomes recoverable for GOOD tint.

20. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Does anyone know what kind of tinting material Toyota uses? Maybe it a high quality material and IS worth the $399 after all.