1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

All Weather Floor Mats

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by priusgto, Mar 1, 2016.

1. priusgto

priusgto Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Saved the mats from the 05 when I sold it and finally got around to trimming them to fit the 16. Not bad at all and much better than the cheap, thin factory mats.

DSC01061.JPG DSC01065.JPG DSC01063.JPG DSC01064.JPG

2. vince22

vince22 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, all weather floor mats is one of the freebies I ask for and still waiting to arrive, it's backorder from the dealer I bought my 2016 Prius, can't stand carpet floor mats.

3. priusgto

priusgto Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Do they even make a decent all weather mat anymore? The dealer wanted to replace these several years ago during their "keep us safe from ourselves" campaign and when I saw the replacment I said, oh hell no!

4. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't understand plastic floor mats. These look like dirty bubble wrap to me. I much prefer carpets that soak the water up, rather than the puddles of exposed water.

5. Caniac

Caniac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I used to do carpet mats, then my car started smelling like mold.

pjm877 and priusgto like this.
  6. vince22

vince22 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    image.png I'm talking about all 2016 OEM all weather rubber floor mats not plastics.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice leaf and pebbles design. Rubber, resin, plastic, hybrid et al. I'm a ski instructor and it's snowing today in the middle of winter. If I jump in the car, the snow will melt and make puddles in the plastic/rubber trays. I don't understand the desire to dip your pants in puddles of water. Carpet soaks the water up and keeps your feet relatively dry.

Anything will grow moldy if you don't clean and dry it. Nylon, plastic, rubber. Just need to clean things regularly with a bit of bleach. Don't you find yourselves cleaning the plastic trays often?

#8 kenoarto, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  9. Suenos

Suenos New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    All things with smell we get inside the car will remain, if we dont take the time to do some deep cleanings, this is not only floor mat business.

kenoarto likes this.
  10. priusgto

priusgto Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you prefer the interior smelling like an old dog then by all means use carpet

What???

Never got my pants wet with the ones pictured above. Water is dispersed over several of the pockets (a few drops in each) and is usually dry by the next day. Carpet will remain damp for days and start to smell like whatever your shoes had on them.

11. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Water that gets covered under the plastic liners will take longer to dry. You are creating a problem where there was none.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Canadian AS mats have the hexagonal design with two water channels bordering the mat. US ones are different. (I think they're just lines, at least for the Gen 3).

13. priusgto

priusgto Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, mine never looked like that. They looked just like they do now.

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, interesting.

15. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In the past, I always put a semi-thick towel on top of the driver's side carpet mat. It doesn't move around, or interfere with the pedals. Then I just throw it in the wash a couple times a month. (I've never had to shampoo my mats, just vacuum.)

For my '16 Prius, I bought the rubber All Weather floor mats... but it has nothing to do with "weather." I put the rubber mats on top of the carpet mats in an attempt to try and reduce some of the tire noise! Did the same thing in the hatchback area; Carpet mat, rubber mat, and a thick towel on top of all that. It still didn't help reduce the noise much (if any).

Toyota sure cheapened their floor mats, carpet, headliners, and seat fabric. Very thin material. But nothing moves or slips, it's almost like Velcro. (and what's up with that BIG leaf emblem on the rubber mats???)

16. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Probably it would be better to take out the carpet mat at least on the driver's side. Some evidence that unsecured mats can jam the pedals, and the pins in the floor are long enough for only one mat.

I like the Toyota mats better than the Weathertech Digi-fit I had in my 2011 Prius. The Weathertech ones did not cover the left footrest whereas the Toyota ones do. And the Toyota ones have a nice high lip to keep moisture and dirt from escaping.

Yes the leaf pattern seems silly. I guess it's intended to remind one how green one is to be driving a Prius?

17. PeterKG

PeterKG Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Disagree completely. All materials used inside are a major improvement and upgraded from previous generations, including the all weather floor mats.

krmcg likes this.
  18. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Having carpet car mats is like walking on house carpets in dirtiest of shoes, makes no sense. I guess they are good for the lady to stretch out bare feet and feel the nice carpet, but bare feet not the safest thing in a car.

JohnF likes this.